POSITION: Bilingual Outreach Presenter (Santa Maria based)
SALARY: $18.00 per hour, plus generous stipend, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
HOURS: 30 Hours p/week
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: Please return FULL PACKET: application (available on website: www.sbcountyrapecrisis.org) with your current resume and a cover letter that tells us know why you think you would be a good fit with the agency. INCOMPLETE PACKETS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
RETURN APPLICATION PACKET TO:
Attn: Finance/HR Director
P.O. Box 148, Lompoc, CA 93438-0148
- Present school programs regarding personal safety and child abuse prevention.
- Provide outreach to Spanish speaking community.
- Provide community presentations on sexual assault/child abuse.
- Develop and/or translate Spanish-language materials.
- Respond to sexual assault accompaniments (to hospital, law enforcement, etc.) and other Spanish-speaking calls.
- Excellent bilingual skills. Fluency in Spanish/English required.
- College degree or related experience preferred.
- Completion of volunteer advocate training upon hire.
- Ability to work well with children and adults.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues regarding sexual assault and child abuse.
- Sensitivity and ability to deal with persons of different cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
- Flexibility regarding work hours; availability to respond to crisis calls on a 24-hour basis.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and working vehicle and telephone required.
The North County Rape Crisis and Child Protection Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), or disability (medical and physical, including HIV and AIDS), and denial of family medical care leave and pregnancy leave. This policy applies to staff, volunteers, and clients.