Position Title: Audience Services Associate
Department: Marketing and Communications
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Seasonal, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Employment Period: Part-Time Monday, May 2 through Monday, August 8, 2022
The Audience Services Associate is responsible for either ticketing and/or Front of House operations for events occurring at the Music Academy of the West. The Audience Services Associate works closely with other relevant staff to ensure successful, polished event flow. This position reports to the Director of Audience Experience and Engagement.
- Coordinates with Ticket Office, Back-of-House, and other management to ensure a seamless run of show
- Ensures program book sheets, program books, inserts, and/or sponsor recognition assets are available at each event
- Prepares for unexpected occurrences and serves as primary contact in case of emergency
- Supervises ushers and volunteers and quickly addresses any performance issues in a thoughtful, positive manner
- Processes single ticket and subscription orders, providing individual attention to patrons to ensure they have the correct tickets
- Administers return ticket donations, including reporting
- Obtains correct and complete patron information for all transactions
- Keeps an orderly and professional environment/workstation in which to greet the public and conduct business
- Assures that posters and brochures describing upcoming events are current, on display, and readily available to patrons
- Sets the standard for attentive, courteous, and sincere customer service – both for internal and external clients
- Maintains professional, polite, and positive presentation at all times
- Receives and resolves any questions or customer service issues
Other duties may be assigned.
The Music Academy of the West seeks to hire candidates who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success.
Note that the Music Academy looks to fill up to four Audience Services Associate positions. Responsibilities will be assigned based on the strengths and experience of the selected candidates.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate some, if not all, of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (or degree in progress) in Music, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Experience in sales, retail, and/or customer-facing roles
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to work on a team and adapt to changing work priorities
- Comfort with computers and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Knowledge of classical music
· Some nights and weekends
- All administration, faculty, and fellows on campus must provide proof of COVID vaccination
Compensation and Benefits
This is a seasonal, non-exempt, part-time position. Compensation is $18 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience. Seasonal employees are not eligible for Music Academy benefits.
Please email a letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com, using the subject header Audience Services Associate. PDF format only. No phone calls, please.
The Music Academy of the West is an equal opportunity employer. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment.
Music Academy of the West
Music Academy of the West is a performance-based training center and incubator that empowers musicians to positively impact society. The Academy welcomes everyone from across all generations, cultures, and backgrounds to experience the transformative power of music. Based in Santa Barbara, California, the Academy presents the preeminent full-scholarship Summer School and Festival for classically trained fellows ages 18 to 34. They study and perform with more than 50 exceptional faculty and teaching artists, while forging close connections with the community. The Academy’s commitment to long-term collaborations and exchanges with leading orchestras and opera companies results in unparalleled mentorship and career-advancing prospects. The Innovation Institute spearheads entrepreneurial training and ventures through seminars, residencies, and the Alumni Enterprise Awards, substantial grants given annually for a wide range of creative projects. Launched in 2018, Sing!, a free, after-school choral program for local elementary students inspires personal growth and expression. For more information, please visit musicacademy.org.
Leave a Response