Administrative and Program Coordinator
Please note: You must be located in the Los Angeles/Ventura County area.
The Greater Contribution (TGC) is a sixteen-year-old nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering some of the most impoverished women in the world to lift themselves and their families out of poverty utilizing a robust program of microloans, business skills training, mentoring, and adult literacy. TGC has provided over 23,000 microloans in its history and is experiencing rapid growth, enabling us to break the chains of poverty for more and more women and girls.
The Greater Contribution is seeking an exceptional half-time Administrative/Program Coordinator to support the President/Executive Director through a wide array of administrative tasks, general back-office support, along with the coordination of our African program administration to enable the program’s effective operation. We seek a self-motivated, high-performing, and friendly colleague who can work in a collaborative work environment. Success in this position will require resourcefulness, versatility, initiative, and dedication to the success of the poor women in our program. Most responsibilities will be performed remotely; however, some tasks require being in Thousand Oaks at least once a week.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent written, oral, and organizational skills, a strong work ethic, and preferably have direct experience in a nonprofit environment. This is a dual role, overseeing all back-office functions and coordinating the TGC program administration in Uganda.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all back-office functions
- Track all in house expenses, update budget tracking sheet, and reconcile differences with Quick Books;
- Coordinate with Treasurer; executive all payroll functions
- Schedule and coordinate all board meetings, including agendas, minutes, and related materials.
- Assist in board member recruitment, orientation, and evaluation with assistance from the Executive Director
- Prepare financial reports to board for monthly meetings.
- Deposit checks; send thank you letters per protocol. Enter donations into LGL; enter new donor emails into Mail Chimp; enter donations into the Donation spreadsheet
- Organize and manage special mailings such as the annual report and the Black Tie No-Show Dinner. Organize volunteers for the BTNSD.
- Manage the recurring donation program; send monthly thank you emails. Coordinate with the Director of Client Relations
- Write and publish all Social Media posts according to TGC protocol; work to grow TGC’s presence and engagement in all venues.
- Coordinate Communications team with fundraising functions.
- Organize fundraising events under the guidance of the Director of Client Relations and ED.
- Coordinate volunteer projects.
- Monitor and reconcile loan repayment reports from Uganda (UG). Monitor and organize multiple financial and program reports from our program in Uganda.
- Recommend new loan distributions to Executive Director; communicate decisions to UG staff.
- Maintain all stats on the micro loan program, HPI program, women successfully running for office, women graduating from literacy classes
- Manage all survey functions, including updating survey forms, organizing the execution of surveys with UG staff, compiling data every six months, report findings to the Executive Director.
- Maintain calendar of special events in UG and coordinate with in-house communications team for coordinated celebrations.
- Plan and organize trips to Uganda for Executive Director and supporters; make reservations for hotels, air transportation, and ground transportation. Coordinate Executive Director’s calendar in UG with UG staff. Handle all communications with travelers.
- Coordinate all Ugandan budgets: start-up budgets, maintenance budgets, and adult literacy budgets
- Monitor and correlate expenses in Bank Reconciliation forms with UG budget items.
To be considered, a candidate must possess:
- Well-organized, self-directed, highly motivated, ability to work independently and in a team, and handle multiple tasks. Entrepreneurial an detail oriented.
- Ease at managing competing demands and determining top priorities independently
- Strong analytical, research, problem-solving, decision-making instincts, and verbal and written communication skills, emphasizing an ability to communicate with diverse audiences using multiple mediums effectively.
- Must have robust design and visual communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and financial skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Quick Books
- Familiarity with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), social media management software, Email Service Providers (Mailchimp), Graphic Design (Adobe Photoshop, Canva), and Donation Pay. Experience with Little Green Light is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required) and 7+ years of demonstrated successful
experience in an organizational environment (nonprofit experience preferred).
Compensation and Benefits
Part-time hourly salary is commensurate with experience. This position will be remote, with weekly in-person meetings in Thousand Oaks. Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and boosted.
Please email cover letter, resume, three references, and writing sample, in one PDF file to Karon@GreaterContribution.org.
The Greater Contribution is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, HIV status, disability, or marital status.