Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara is committed to being leaders in Community Leadership, bringing members of our community into our organization and giving them significant responsibility and involvement in running programs, task forces and work groups. By doing so, we can scale our activities to a degree sufficient to end hunger and transform the health of the community through good nutrition.
- JOB TITLE Accounting Specialist
Status: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Objective of Job: The Accounting Specialist will manage the organizations financial accounts, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget preparation, department reporting and analysis, provide grant support, and monitor financial assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure vendors are paid promptly and within terms by processing accounts payable and issuing checks. Includes auditing and verifying all receipts and support documents match the invoice and check requests.
- Monitor internal controls and guidelines ensuring accounting transactions are accurate and in preparation for annual audit.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts; and produce draft financial statements for CFO review; following GAAP financial reporting standard.
- Develops and implements training programs for new staff (relative to accounting activities).
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Four Year Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Area, or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in accounting, and at least one (1) year of Payroll
- Non-profit Finance/Accounting experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in Power Point, Excel, Access, Outlook Word etc.
- Strong organization and written and oral communication skills.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.