Come join CommUnify’s team! Our agency provides employees with a positive work environment with the ability to balance work & home. We provide excellent benefits that include: medical, dental, vision/sick, vacation & holiday pay/Retirement Plan with a 5% match.
This position is full-time with full benefits and starts out between $18.50 $21.00 per hour working in Goleta.
The Accounting Assistant performs accounting functions and will be trained to do accounts payable, bank reconciliation, payroll processing, cash receipts, excel spreadsheets, and other various financial record keeping tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for all levels: Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs data entry functions for vouchers and payroll timesheets
- Verifies cash counts prepares cash receipt for deposit.
- Obtain approval to satisfy vendor statements/invoices.
- Process vouchers/timesheets for payment.
- Prepare, fulfill, and distribute checks.
- Pulls and prepares backup for billing to certain funding sources.
- Arranges and files disbursement account checks, employee timesheets, and month-end reports.
- Performs other tasks as needed or requested by Accounting Supervisors.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities for Accounting Assistant II
- Performs data entry functions for cash receipts, payroll, and general journals.
- Cross-trains in payroll/accounts payable backup.
- Verifies the validity of charges by matching them to appropriate backup documents such as purchase orders and properly signed packing/receiving slips.
- Verifies validity of element codes on timesheets and invoices.
- Maintains paid voucher files.
- Assists Accounting Technician and Supervisor with projects as needed.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED required with two years of clerical experience or one year of accounting experience.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Maintain valid California Driver’s license.
Please note: CommUnify has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy with ability to request a vaccination accommodation due to medical or religious reasons.
Leave a Response