UCSB Library and Santa Barbara Public Library (SBPL) invite residents of Santa Barbara’s Eastside neighborhood and surrounding communities to a local history showcase presented at the SBPL Eastside Branch. As part of the Santa Barbara Community Archives Project (SBCAP), the showcase will feature highlights from community member contributions of home movies and family photographs, a reading by Santa Barbara Poet Laureate Melinda Palacio of her poem “Santa Barbara Poem,” and presentations about local history.
The event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be provided.
This event will be photographed or recorded.
- Introduction, Yolanda Blue, Angel Diaz and Laura Treat (SBCAP, UCSB Library)
- Santa Barbara Poem, Melinda Palacio (Poet Laureate, City of Santa Barbara)
- UCSB Library’s Santa Barbara Community Archives Project Home Movie Presentation
- Eastside Library History, Jace Turner (Santa Barbara Public Library)
- Ortega Park History, Michael Montenegro (Chicano Culture de Santa Barbara)
This event is made possible with support from California Humanities, a non-profit partner of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Visit www.calhum.org.
Event location: Santa Barbara Public Library, Eastside Branch, 1102 East Montecito Street, Santa Barbara CA 93103
More information: www.library.ucsb.edu/node/12648