Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women, seeks to hire a full-time Volunteer Manager based in its Ventura office. The Volunteer Manager is a new position and will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a dedicated program to streamline and optimize the use of volunteers across WEV and its Women’s Business Center (WBC). Volunteers fulfil a range of functions within the organization: from the Board of Directors to subject-matter client advisers to classroom guest speakers. As individuals who freely give up their time to serve WEV, many of them continuing to serve for several years, these volunteers represent some of the most dedicated and enthusiastic members of the WEV community. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
- Oversee recruitment and screening of volunteers, working with program managers to define key requirements and understand client needs
- Create and maintain standardized onboarding and training for new volunteers, including working with the Learning Solutions Manager to develop and house all trainings in the WEV Learning Management System
- Implement a system for management of WEV’s volunteer roster, ensuring volunteer database is up-to-date (e.g. utilizing current Ontraport function or other CRM software)
- Oversee data entry of volunteer hours and work with program managers to ensure information is tracked as needed for funding purposes.
- Regularly communicate with volunteer roster and staff to ensure awareness of program and opportunities
- Work with program managers and others to create a new Mentor program for clients
- Obtain regular feedback from volunteers and clients and act upon information as appropriate
- Perform outreach in the community to highlight the WEV volunteer program and develop ties with local corporations, universities and professional organizations who could provide volunteers
- Help coordinate volunteer appreciation events and foster community amongst the volunteer pool
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years working in a similar role coordinating volunteers for a non-profit
- Highly motivated, energetic, in alignment with WEV’s mission, and dedicated to WEV’s clients, and the achievement of WEV’s strategic goals
- Effective communication skills, comfortable working both one-on-one with volunteers, and giving group presentations
- Ability to drive results through cooperation, collaboration, under minimal supervision, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in highly organized manner both individually and in collaborative work settings
Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders and co-workers of varying social and cultural backgrounds at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and database usage
Demonstrated experience in developing procedures that improve efficiency, including appropriate selection and use of technology
- Willingness to travel as necessary for regional outreach and meetings; personal, reliable auto transportation and current auto insurance
- Availability to adjust schedule to work occasional evenings and weekends (e.g. attending an outreach event)
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
Past interest in and exposure to small business development
Knowledge of VistaShare, Asana, Teams, Zoom or other business platforms
Bilingual, with oral and written proficiency in English/Spanish
4-year university degree or equivalent work experience
Lift and carry up to 25 lbs. without assistance.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.