What You’ll Do
The Granada Theatre is seeking an experienced full-time Ticketing Services Assistant Manager to assist in supervision of the day to day operations of the Granada Theatre Box Office in providing best-of-class customer service to its patrons, as well as outstanding support to its internal employees and customers, including resident companies.
Responsibilities will include:
· Assisting in day-to-day management of the Granada Theatre Box Office:
o Help create schedule and work assignments for ticketing personnel
o Participate in the hiring, onboarding, and training of new ticketing personnel
o Open and/or close box office, including daily income reconciliation
o Second point of contact for problem resolution in absence of Ticketing Services Manager, escalated patron inquiries, and lost and found
o Foster and expect a respectful and professional team atmosphere among the Ticketing Services staff
· Support specialized ticketing programs:
o Assist in the processing of subscription renewals and new orders as required
o Advise the Box Office Associates with concierge ticketing requests, group sales requests, and other special services requests
· Tessitura functional support:
o Backup to Ticketing Services Manager with Consortium Tessitura Support Specialist to ensure performances are built correctly and on time
o Maintain ticketing information in Tessitura such as performance details, website content, hold maps, and facility information
o Assist with scheduled and ad-hoc reports to Granada Theatre departments, resident company partners, and renters as requested
· Work with Ticketing Services Manager to identify future direction and initiatives for the Ticketing Services Department.
What You’ll Need to Get the Job Done
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
· At least one year of hands-on experience with Tessitura or comparable computerized ticketing software preferred
· Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately
· Supervisory experience
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Commitment to stellar customer service and attention to detail
· Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Google Docs
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings or weekends and occasional holidays as required
What Will Really Interest Us About You
· Ticketing experience in a performing arts non-profit
· Experience with subscription ticketing
· Familiarity with marketing concepts
What Will Really Interest You About Us
Benefits include health, dental and vision, and a 403b Retirement Plan with an employer match after one year of service. An atmosphere of learning and opportunities to increase skills and knowledge and develop a career. Downtown Santa Barbara office in the beautiful Granada tower. A wonderful team dedicated to supporting the arts.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) at the Granada Theatre is dedicated to providing best-in-class production, sales and administrative support to arts organizations from throughout the Santa Barbara region as well as featuring some of the world’s greatest artists on our stage. SBCPA is making it possible for many of Santa Barbara’s finest performing arts organizations to present their programs with the highest level of contemporary production support and audience comfort.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) Consortium includes The Granada Theatre, The Lobero Theatre, The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, Community Arts Music Association (CAMA), The Santa Barbara Symphony, The Ensemble Theatre Company at the New Vic, and American Film Institute. The SBCPA Consortium is dedicated to creating a streamlined, superior customer experience through use of technology and sharing of best practices between its member organizations.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
Go to www.granadasb.org/About/Careers and follow instructions to complete the employment application. Submit application with resume, cover letter and references. No phone calls please.