Dream Foundation, the only national Dream-granting organization for terminally ill adults and their families, is hiring a fully vaccinated, Receptionist. This job is based in Santa Barbara.
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for inquiry calls from Dream applicants, their family members, friends, or medical team and needs to be vaccinated and bilingual candidates are preferred. This position assists with various projects related to operational and administrative areas of the organization, welcomes visitors, and volunteers, and assists with medical verifications for all applicants.
The candidate must have experience with heavy phone lines and proper phone etiquette for high-sensitive topics. He or She is responsible for maintaining a clean and organized office and ensures all office equipment is working properly and is fully stocked.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer incoming phone calls and forward calls to appropriate department representatives
• Describe Dream program and application process and mail or email applications to potential Dream recipients and family members
• Fill out, fax, and follow up on all medical verification papers to make sure Dream recipients are well enough to participate in their Dream
• Assist with office organization for VIP scheduled tours, including flowers coordinated with the Flower Empower Coordinator
• Oversee several aspects of new hires (Computer consultant, office equipment, emails, tours, training, passwords, and phones)
• Primary contact for all technical and computer issues with IT consultants
• Work with various departments to assist with administrative tasks
• Become familiar with all office equipment and software. Coordinate repairs and modifications with appropriate vendors
• Coordinate all repairs with building management. Keep a record of repairs made and ensure that the spaces utilized by DF are in good working order
• Greet and coordinate Volunteers
• Ensure the office area and mail room are organized daily, supply of all DF materials, maintain cleanliness of mail room
• Keep inventory of collateral and initiate ordering as needed
• Maintain spreadsheet of office supplies, update continuous orders as needed
• Facilitate weighing and mailing of Dream family toy packages
• Responsible for daily mailings at post office and office pick up of federal express packages
• Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
• Experience with heavy phone lines and proper phone etiquette for high-sensitive topics
• Computer proficiency in advanced Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Web)
• A basic understanding of technical support
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization
To apply, please email us your COVER LETTER & RESUME.
This is a full-time, 30-hours/week, exempt position with Dream Foundation. Dream Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, or orientation. This job description may be changed as management deems necessary.