Position: Project Manager
Type: full time/work-from-home position, with occasional in-person obligations
Starting Pay: $54,000 annually, with health insurance benefits
Hiring Timeline: open until filled
Contact: Operations Manager, Llewellyn Somers – Llewellyn@VISIONALITYPartners.com
About the Company
We are in the business of changing the way organizations succeed. VISIONALITY has grown from a one-woman passion project to a team of innovative thinkers and creators, with over 60 years of combined nonprofit experience. Our team is dedicated to developing and implementing creative solutions that help our clients – nonprofits in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties – make the world a better place.
VISIONALITY was named one of the Pacific Coast Business Times’ ‘Best Places to Work’ in 2018, 2019 and 2021.
About Our Team
Our team is making magic happen with coffee, laughter and kindness. We think you are going to have a lot of fun working here. In addition to being innovative, resourceful, and enthusiastic about our work, we firmly believe in maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
We kick people out of the “office” to get exercise. When an employee needs a mental health day, the team hops in to cover that day’s deliverables without question. We are highly bonded and care deeply about one another’s successes… there are no “office politics” to navigate. And regardless of where you sit in the company’s org chart, you are encouraged to give and receive feedback to team members and call attention to ways we can improve internally and externally.
About the Opportunity
Your primary responsibility as Project Manager is to solve our clients’ problems – no matter how BIG or small. Your duties will consist of both LEADING projects (newsletters, end of year appeals, etc.) for several clients AND behind-the-scenes SUPPORT for our Senior Project Manager’s fundraising and strategy clients (writing, marketing and communication support). This position will report to the Senior Project Manager.
Additionally, VISIONALITY has a proven track record of growing its employees’ skill sets and potential for future opportunities by building flexible job descriptions that meet employees’ individual professional goals AND the changing needs of our growing company. Future opportunities for growth could include promotion towards a more specialized niche of Project Management (high-level fundraising, event coordination, strategic planning or much more).
Typical responsibilities include:
- Fundraising support: writing & executing end-of-year appeals; support of donor stewardship activities, database management, develop annual giving strategies
- Strategic planning & implementation: thinking creatively about how to solve problems for clients, then creating and executing actionable plans
- Marketing & communications: writing and editing fundraising appeals, newsletters, website content, social media posts, press releases, grants, sponsorship materials, and more
- Relationship building: representing the values, culture, and high level of professionalism of VISIONALITY with every client we serve
- Managing client meetings: calendar invites, drafting agendas and meeting notes, attending and taking notes at meetings, documenting meeting outcomes and to-do items, following up with committee and team members with expectations and deliverables
- Research: researching, synthesizing, and documenting information
- Meeting profitability goals: understanding, tracking and meeting goals as they pertain to the profitability of client contracts; i.e. tracking hours worked versus the client’s monthly retainer
- Client retention: participating in Scope of Work conversations and contract renegotiations; presenting VISIONALITY staffs’ accomplishments to Board/stake holders
- Administrative duties: as needed by clients
- Familiar with the unique needs and opportunities in the Ventura/Santa Barbara County nonprofit sector
- Able to both develop AND execute strategies and are always looking for ways to do your job better
- Familiar with nonprofit development tasks (including fundraising, communications, etc.)
- Familiar with basic fundraising strategies, theories, and issues
- Constantly learning about new trends in the nonprofit development field, and how to implement those
- Smart, strategic, and positive; you get satisfaction in solving problems and making things easier for others
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented; accurate, structured; love lists (especially crossing off tasks!) and spreadsheets
- Are knowledgeable in the platforms and software used in development work (Canva, donor databases, newsletter platforms, volunteer management software)
- An excellent and engaging communicator (written and oral); you can present to a board or to your peers with ease, and can create a thoughtful PowerPoint for a meeting, or human-interest story for an appeal
- Incredibly resourceful and able to solve problems with little assistance or direction
- An independent self-starter; you can manage your day and ever-changing workload with ease and minimal supervision
- Eager to take a task, big or small, and run with it in a thoughtful manner; can’t resist taking ownership of your work
- Love collaboration and are comfortable voicing opinions when working with a team
- Incredibly flexible; enjoy assessing and handling multiple, constantly changing priorities
- Excited to help our clients accomplish their work, but unfazed by the fact that you will be several layers removed from the wonderful impact they have on our community
- Able to tailor your communication style and professional demeanor to earn trust and successfully work with our clients and stakeholders, including staff, vendors, volunteers, members, and donors
- Committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance
- Undaunted by the fact that you may not fill EVERY requirement in this job description because you’re confident that you can prove your ability to acquire these skills and are eager to do so
Your professional capabilities include:
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience; we make it clear that we do NOT require a college degree to work for VISIONALITY – your professional experience will speak for itself
- Experience working with nonprofit or mission-driven organizations – whether in a paid or volunteer role
- Must possess either fundraising & development and/or marketing & communications experience
- Must be able to work from home with own phone and own internet connection (we provide a stipend to offset the cost of your phone and internet); VISIONALITY will provide employees with the necessary hardware, i.e. laptop, second monitor, etc.
- Must live in Ventura or Santa Barbara Counties to be able to meet occasional in-person obligations (average 1-3/month)
- Tech-savvy – strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is a MUST. Knowledge in project management software (Monday.com), social media scheduling programs (Hootsuite), various marketing platforms (Constant Contact, Canva, Eventbrite, Mail Chimp), meeting software (Zoom) and nonprofit donor database software is highly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish skills are highly valued, though not required
Remote Work Requirements
Some jobs are remote at this time, but this job IS FOREVER remote…we know remote work is not for everyone, so before applying, make sure you ARE capable of managing your priorities by yourself. You must be able to work from home with your own phone and own internet connection (we provide a stipend to offset the cost of your phone and internet). For client confidentiality reasons, we cannot allow employees to regularly work from coffee shops or other public spaces. VISIONALITY will provide employees with the necessary hardware, i.e. laptop, second monitor, etc.
While we are a remote company, this position does have occasional in-person obligations within Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties (client meetings, events, etc.). It is important to the success of our clients that our team live within the communities we serve. Though the frequency and nature of in-person obligations will fluctuate based on client needs, you can expect to meet in person an average of 1-3 times per month at various location throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. For this reason, you must have reliable transportation.
Visit our online application at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/02857a74a39f4fcfaf3b3abbe574de6c to:
- Complete a brief questionnaire
- Submit your resume
- Submit a cover letter
- Submit 2-4 work samples
- Applications will NOT be considered if they do not have all components above or if they are submitted directly via email.
- Please be prepared to complete the application in one sitting. Our form does NOT allow you to save your progress or return at a later time.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- Ideal work samples will demonstrate your writing, communication, formatting, technical and/or design skills, and can be in any format you choose. We appreciate the following: exemplary email correspondence, spreadsheets, websites, blogs, academic papers, newsletters, and much, much more.
Contact: Operations Manager Llewellyn Somers, Llewellyn@VISIONALITYpartners.com
This position requires the employee to remain in a stationary position for up to 8 hours a day. The employee must operate a computer and other office equipment. In addition to the sedentary requirements of the position, the employee will also attend meetings, set up for events and run errands that will require the employee to drive, as well as lift and carry objects weighing up to 45 pounds.
VISIONALITY Non-Discrimination Statement
VISIONALITY is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, or economic status.
VISIONALITY strives to build an inclusive team in which individuals are comfortable bringing their full selves to the workplace.
VISIONALITY believes that a team made up of diverse experiences, perspectives, and cultures is best equipped to build trust and communication with our clients – and in doing so, help them achieve their missions and make this world a better place.
VISIONALITY Return to Work Commitment
Whether you took time off for your family, military service, educational goals, health, or were forced into “extended time off” because of COVID, we value your entire life experience, and want you to feel comfortable applying for this position. After all, VISIONALITY’s culture depends on a wide range of talent, perspectives, and life experiences. If your little one (dog, human, etc.) needs to join an occasional team meeting, they will be welcome. As a fully remote company, we encourage you to bring your FULL SELF to work every single day. If you are returning to work, we hope you consider applying for this position.