Are you passionate about supporting women and minority-owned businesses? Come start an exciting career with Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV)!
WEV (pronounced “weave”) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women. We are a purposeful, mission-driven organization with a passionate and engaged staff based in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, whose primary focus is on supporting women-owned businesses and entrepreneurship.
WEV is seeking to hire a full-time Program Officer to provide support to our business coaching program. This role can be based in the Ventura or Santa Barbara office, with hybrid work opportunities. The Program Officer interacts daily with clients and potential clients and provides them with meaningful connections and resources to assist them in growing their businesses, and their supportive network. The Program Officer is critical in the implementation and management of WEV’s various business coaching programs, and the role focuses both on enhancing the client’s experience, as well as strengthening the coaching programs, through optimizing processes and deepening WEV’s community relationships. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
- Work directly with existing and prospective coaching clients to guide them through program enrollment, re-enrollment and/or onboarding.
- Facilitate the assignment and coordination of initial meetings between business coaches and clients.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with the business coaching Program Manager, business coaches and other program managers and staff to ensure programs run smoothly.
- Train and provide ongoing support to coaching clients and business coaches in the use of WEV’s Client Management Software (CMS) (soon to be Apricot360).
- Provide updates for internal and program-related meetings.
- Work with staff to update & edit program documentation to align with continual program improvement and development.
Program Marketing & Outreach
- Create & distribute the monthly client newsletter (email).
- Work with the Program Manager & Marketing team on business coaching-related marketing projects and website updates.
- Attend networking and outreach events to represent WEV and the business coaching program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Highly motivated, energetic, in alignment with WEV’s mission, dedicated to WEV’s clients, and the achievement of WEV’s strategic goals.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others by acting from a foundation of honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Can build strong client relationships and deliver client-focused solutions by listening to their needs and connecting them with resources that will help them solve their problems.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to convey messages with clarity and ease.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders and co-workers of varying social and cultural backgrounds at all levels.
- Ability to drive results through cooperation and collaboration, under minimal supervision, and with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset (e.g. exercises initiative, creativity, continual improvement, and persistence).
- Demonstrates skills in identifying, developing procedures, and using technology to improve operational efficiency.
- Willingness to travel as necessary for regional outreach and meetings.
- Availability to adjust schedule to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Personal, reliable auto transportation and current auto insurance.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Asana, Teams, Zoom, Apricot 360, Ontraport, Canva or other business and CRM platforms
- Experience writing and distributing a newsletter
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
- Experience working with small businesses
Minimum: Associates Degree, or High school diploma/GED plus 4 years work experience.
Preferred: B.A. or B.S. from four-year college.
- Lift and carry up to 25 lbs. without assistance
- Sit/stand at a computer, typing for 50% of the time.
WEV offers a competitive non-profit salary rate ($60k-$65k DOE), which is augmented by a generous benefits package, including 3 weeks of annual paid vacation, an additional 12.5 days paid annual company holidays; 12 days of paid annual sick leave; employer contribution towards health, dental, vision insurance. Life insurance and disability benefits; SIMPLE IRA plan with matching employer contribution.