The mission of The Arts Fund is to create, fund and administer programs and projects that foster the arts for the people of Santa Barbara County; to act as a catalyst which maximizes the effectiveness of arts resources and to nurture collaborative relationships with other arts organizations. The six core programs that support our mission include the Teen Arts Mentorship Program, Public Art Program, Funk Zone Art WalkTM, Out Loud Literary Program, Community Gallery and Guest Curator Program.
The Arts Fund is looking for creative individuals who have a passion for community and value the importance of local arts. The Program Manager will be responsible for the execution and success of Arts Fund’s programming as well as the assistance of administrative operations and any other support the Executive Director (E.D.) may need. The Program Manager will also engage and build partnerships with other arts organizations, schools, mentors, interns and volunteers in support of the programs.
The immediate responsibility will begin with the management of the Student to Student (S2S) Program. S2S is the virtual mentorship program that was developed during COVID-19 Pandemic as a result of the Teen Art Mentorship (TAM) in-person program having to pause. The Arts Fund has not restarted TAM at this time but does intend to again in the future. Once The Arts Fund is ready to transition back to the TAM programing, the Program Manager will hold the main responsibility in managing this transition.
These immediate S2S responsibilities will require the management of the virtual classroom for teen artists and their independent artist mentors. Also, it will include relationship building with the local artists to be set up for success as mentors by supporting in the creation and adaption of traditional art curriculum to online classes. Consistent communication with students of this program is also equally as important to ensure their success in the program.
– Outreach to artists to become mentors
– Outreach to community for student engagement
– Develop curriculums in partnerships with artists as needed
– Guide S2S classroom proposals, for classroom assignments, guest mentors, final art pieces, Art Materials Kits, and best practices for showcasing student work online or in-person when feasible.
– Confirm schedules/calendar dates and times with mentors, and with ED and AF Board
– Submit background checks with third party provider
– Schedule/coordinate advertisements with Marketing Coordinator
– Create and post marketing materials for social media and newsletters as needed
– Write biographies for artists
– Create and manage AF website content for S2S pages
– Create intake/student applications and completion surveys using Google Forms
– Analyze data from surveys for AF Board grant writers as needed
– Assist with coordinating Art Materials Kits purchases and deliveries to students
– Correspond with mentors and students for ensuring classroom attendance
– Host debrief meetings with mentors
– Issue Certificates if Completion to students
– Post student works on S2S Gallery webpage, or coordinate in-person installation when feasible
– Supports the E.D. on an on needed basis with other programs
– As requested, attends monthly Board Meetings & helps E.D. prepare board reports
– Reports to E.D. on all items and jobs
– Once able the transition work back to in-person programming
Non-Exempt Part Time: approx. 20 hours/week
Schedule: TBD once hired in conjunction with Executive Director. Hours may include evenings
and weekend hours and will flex during special events or circumstances.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.