Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (STESA) is looking for a talented and experienced Program Director to provide leadership to the crisis intervention and counseling programs. The Program Director is responsible for the overall development, planning, and implementation of STESA’s crisis intervention and counseling programs. The candidate is an experienced Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in conducting assessments, counseling techniques, including the Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Model.
Ideally, the candidate has a working knowledge of sexual assault trauma-informed care and an understanding of the short and long-term impacts of an assault. The Program Director conducts individual and group oversight supervision and consultation with MFT associates, practicum students, staff, and volunteers providing counseling services. The position is balanced with the opportunity to develop community partnerships to enhance the delivery and coordination of services. STESA seeks a Program Director that is a visionary with the ability to create programs to meet the needs of changing and a diverse community while being grounded in the core STESA beliefs and values. The Program Director is skilled in optimizing staff strengths and leading teams. STESA provides an environment to grow in a supportive and authentic environment while meeting the demands of operating a non-profit organization. An opportunity awaits the right candidate to join the STESA team.
Full-time and exempt
Health Insurance, Vacation, Sick leave, and SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
EXAMPLE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, plan, implement, and evaluate all aspects of the crisis intervention and long-term counseling programs.
- Responsible for developing program policies and procedures in conjunction with crisis intervention and long-term counseling program staff.
- Works with staff to develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies for long-term counseling program interns.
- Researches, prepares, and writes government grants and ensures grant compliance.
- Reviews and ensures the accuracy of statistical reports to produce reports for grant funders.
- Conducts long-term counseling certification training to MFT associates, practicum students, and others providing counseling services.
- Complete treatment plans and billing for Victim Compensation clients.
- Provides weekly individual and group oversight, supervision, and consultation to MFT associates, practicum students, staff and volunteers providing counseling services. Provides same with guidance and education on the issue of sexual assault and therapeutic intervention.
- Conducts client intakes for assessment and develops case plans and goals in collaboration with the client.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training and retention of the crisis intervention coordinating staff members and the long-term counselors.
- Provides supervision to the crisis intervention staff members, MFT associates, practicum students, and others providing counseling services.
- Responsible for conducting evaluations of the lead crisis intervention staff, MFT interns, practicum students, and others providing counseling services.
- Networks with Santa Barbara County departments and community organizations to ensure optimal service coordination and delivery strategies.
- Creates opportunities to collaborate with community partners to further STESA’s mission and vision.
- BA required, preferably in psychology, sociology, social work, business administration or related fields.
- LMFT or LCSW from an accredited university or college, with a license for a minimum of two years, or Licensed Psychologist who meets the requirements to supervise clinical staff is required.
- Knowledge of California’s Board of Behavioral Sciences regulations and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal and ethical standards for providing therapeutic services.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of successful management experience with private/public social services agency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with participatory management style/organization preferred.
- Well organized with excellent skills in time management and attention to detail.
- Background in grant writing and grants management.
- Complete Supervisor training requirement every 2-year Board of Behavioral Sciences renewal.
- Working knowledge of the subject of sexual assault, its impact and skills to mitigate trauma and to build resiliency.
- Assessment, counseling techniques including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Model, and methods of developing and implementing a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of issues pertinent to marginalized Experience in developing programs that address the needs of these communities.
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Suite, Internet research and database applications.
- Provide effective counseling and psychotherapy with individuals, families, and groups.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with community partners including social service organizations, government and other professional disciplines.
- Attend management, staff meetings and other agency meetings as necessary.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual respect at STESA.
- Identify and utilize community resources.
- Prepare and present clear and concise oral and written reports.
- Write grants and reports to government funders.
- Maintain physical and mental composure while dealing with emergencies, crises, and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals in person, over the telephone and virtually.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable Ability to drive safely and in compliance with all applicable laws while on STESA business.
STESA is an equal opportunity employer
This job announcement is not intended to be all-inclusive of job responsibilities—complete job description available upon request.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to Arcelia Sención, Associate Director:
- STESA Employment application: https://sbstesa.org/careers/
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Forward documents to email@example.com