Status: Full Time, regular, non-except
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Compensation:$19.30 – $21.30 per hour, DOE
Required: 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education (ECE)*
*This is a legal requirement and cannot be waived
Under the general direction of the Education team, an Assistant Preschool Teacher assists in promoting the Zoo and its mission through implementing the Early Explorers Preschool program. This position helps supervise groups of students while delivering preschool curriculum in an engaging, age-appropriate manner, ensuring the safety and well-being of their groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Coordinates with the Early Explorer Director and Early Childhood Educators to ensure effective execution of program curriculum in an engaging, age-appropriate manner, working with children within the 3-5 age range.
- Helps develop and facilitate curriculum activities for 3-5 year olds, including but not limited to hands-on science activities, stories, songs, games, zoo tours, and crafts in an engaging, age-appropriate manner.
- Accurately explains animal and environmental science concepts to students.
- Improvises pre-approved activities when necessary, to keep students engaged and focused.
- Supervises students during rest time.
- Inventories and maintains curriculum equipment and supplies.
- Engages students in classroom activities.
- Responds to health, welfare and safety issues of students.
- Signs students in and out according to established Security Procedures and responds to parent questions..
- Minimum 18 years of age
- 12 ECE units required
- Require an official transcript upon hiring
- Successful completion of a Trustline/Department of Justice background check
- Successful completion of First Aid and CPR certification
- Completion of Mandated Reporting for Suspected Child Abuse training Experience with special needs children is a plus.
- TB clearance
More Info and Apply Here: https://sbzoo.careerplug.com/jobs/1229261/apps/new