Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (STESA) is looking for an Office Manager to work with a team that is highly collaborative while still being able to work independently to ensure operations at STESA run smoothly. At STESA each staff person is valued. Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive tasks is a plus. The Office Manager must be able to troubleshoot day-to-day questions relating to computer support, provide administrative support to workplace safety. The office manager is responsible for accounts payable and receivable. A person that is adaptable, organized, and strong desire to take initiative to learn new skills and tasks are welcome to apply.
EXAMPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the use of office space and facility.
- Coordinate the preparation of bulk and special mailings.
- Maintain an organized filing system for administrative files.
- Sort financial and programmatic documents to properly store or dispose of documents.
- Ensure facility and office equipment maintenance.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the security system for STESA’s facility. Trains all staff and volunteers on the use of security systems.
- Responsible for developing workplace safety and health standards and conducting training to enhance and review procedures.
- Assist with grants management, including research for grant proposals and obtaining bids.
- Assist with fundraising activities.
- Provide new employees with information regarding employment benefits and standards.
- Arranges for orientation and new employee safety training following regulations established by the Cal/OSHA.
- Manage relationships with vendors and other service providers
- Ensure the purchase of supplies and materials necessary for administrative and programmatic activities. Ensure proper financial tracking of all purchases.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices.
- Provide administrative support to Crisis Intervention, Long-term Counseling & Education Programs. This includes copying/printing of materials and other necessary tasks.
- Provide technical support on computer systems and software to staff.
- Implement a computer backup system for all agency computers. Maintain the integrity of the backup system.
- Ensure the computer network and email systems function properly. Ensure maintenance of all databases
SUPERVISION OF STAFF
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant
- In the absence of the Administrative Assistant, performs duties as necessary to ensure continuity of services and office accessibility.
- Serves as back-up or coordinates coverage by administrative staff.
- Sit for 80% of the working hours.
- Type at a computer keyboard while seated at a desk.
- Lift and carry for brief periods up to 25 pounds from the floor to shoulder level.
- Bend, stoop, and stand while filing in binders and files.
- Twist and reach while at a desk or computer terminal.
- Maintain physical and mental composure while dealing with emergencies, crises, and deadlines.
- Legally and physically be able to drive her or his vehicle during and after work hours while on agency-related business.
- Two years of experience in managing office operations and facilities.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of computer systems software programs and ability to provide technical support
- Experience managing databases such as donor databases.
- Ability to work independently and with excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize work.
CLASSIFICATION AND BENEFITS
Full-time, Non-Exempt with benefits including Healthcare Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, and Employee Retirement through SIMPLE IRA
This job announcement is not intended to be all-inclusive of job responsibilities. Complete job description available upon request. An employee may also perform other reasonably related business duties.
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents to Arcelia Sencion:
1. STESA Employment Application. The application can be found at www.sbstesa.org
2. Cover letter
4. Three references