MEMBER AND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT AND DESCRIPTION
Job title: Member and Development Associate
Location: Remote (see below for state restrictions)
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Full-time, Salaried (Exempt)
Posting Date: January 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Member and Development Associate (MDA) is a new role for SAFSF and will report to the Executive Director. This position supports overall donor stewardship along with membership engagement, renewals, and prospecting; grant tracking and submissions; and special event sponsorship. Successful candidates will be highly organized, communicative, detail-oriented individuals who want to be part of a cohesive and diverse team that has a strong reputation for excellence. Successful candidates will be eager and able to connect, build rapport, and develop effective, values-driven working relationships with individuals who have a wide range of interests and lived experiences. This role requires strong interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task with limited supervision and a comfort level communicating across multiple platforms.
This position is full-time, salaried and includes a generous benefits package. Candidates must live in California, Colorado, Nebraska, Kentucky or Maryland. All SAFSF staff work remotely in a home or shared office environment.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for meetings of the Membership Committee (i.e., schedule quarterly calls; prepare and distribute agendas, new member applications, meeting minutes, etc.).
- Coordinate annual member renewal process with the Operations team.
- Prepare membership acknowledgement letters and other correspondence and keep
- files updated.
- Schedule and participate in prospective member calls along with senior staff. Ensure all follow up tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Initiate Salesforce member engagement plans and track statuses for task completion
- Prepare member metrics for annual Network Update report
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of member, grant, and sponsor information in the SAFSF database (Salesforce).
- Conduct the full range of activities related to grants including:
- Research new grant opportunities.
- Compile supporting information for grant applications and reports working with relevant staff to ensure grants are written with appropriate goals and target outcomes.
- Submit all grant applications as well as evaluation and outcomes reports.
- Prepare a variety of reports related to membership, grants, and sponsorship for the Executive Leadership team.
- Work with other staff to create and maintain methods for tracking outcomes and metrics needed for grant and other reporting.
- Reconcile membership, grant, and sponsorship revenue with the Operations team monthly.
- Maintain guest lists, prepare materials and other duties as assigned for various events.
- Provide administrative, logistics and technical support for member-focused programs
- and activities.
- Support Executive Director with meeting scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Three years of experience in an administrative position.
- Non-profit fundraising, development, and/or membership experience.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently through many tasks without losing accuracy.
- Experience with database or CRM data input – Salesforce preferred.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to
- document processes and systems.
- Reliability and integrity, demonstrating a high level of discretion and confidentiality for
- both business and personal affairs.
- Ability to work remotely; comfortable communicating across platforms and media.
Additional Preferred Skills/Qualifications
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Some understanding of philanthropy and philanthropy-serving organizations (also called affinity groups).
- Willingness to discuss and help SAFSF work to eliminate the impacts of race, class, gender, and other forms of structural bias within our own organization and the broader philanthropic sector.
- Basic understanding of food systems in the U.S. Basic Work Requirements
- Fluency in English. Familiarity with common computer-based tools such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Drive (docs, sheets, slides); email; and websites. Willingness to travel within the U.S. We acknowledge current COVID-19 related travel restrictions but expect that this position will require minimal travel in the future.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt, permanent, remote position with a starting salary range of $50- 54,000. SAFSF offers an excellent benefits package, which currently includes retirement contributions, medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance (100% paid by SAFSF for employee and children), as well as health and fitness, internet, and cell phone reimbursements. Paid time off includes 8 federal holidays plus the day after Thanksgiving, half-day Fridays, the last week of the year (December 26-January 1), accrued vacation, and sick time.
Application and Hiring Process
All interested applicants must apply online at https://www.tfaforms.com/4958296. Applicants will need to submit a cover letter and a resume. In your cover letter please describe how your experience and background will contribute to our team. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
SAFSF is committed to transparency and aims to minimize the stress and uncertainty of our application and hiring process. We also seek to minimize bias and the impact of structural discrimination within our hiring practices. We focus first on relevant work skills, along with both professional and lived experience. We are seeking a diverse pool of candidates and are using processes that help to mitigate unconscious biases. To this end, the application form will ask candidates to voluntarily disclose demographic information. Voluntarily providing demographic information helps SAFSF assess the diversity of our applicant pool throughout the hiring process. Please note: This information will not be visible to the members of the hiring committee.
Applicants who move forward through the hiring process may be asked to participate in phone interviews, video interviews and written assessments. Applicants will be notified if/as they are selected to move forward.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions. We are unable to respond to phone inquiries/questions. We look forward to getting to know you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
SAFSF is a 501(c)(3) public charity that is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and enables each of us to realize our potential. SAFSF’s work environment is open to all people, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.