The Medical Director(s) is responsible for providing medical direction and administration:
- The Medical Director shall work a minimum of 15 hours per week, overseeing all medical activities across all supported Programs ensuring delivery of high quality of care for all patients through training, volunteer mentorship, supervision, and adherence to DWW protocols, procedures, and policies.
- Reviews all medical volunteer applications and interviews all physicians and mid-level providers.
- Supervising the lead RN in reviewing and interviewing all nurses, nurse practitioners and paramedics.
- Assisting the Executive Director in recruitment of medical providers through marketing, direct outreach, and referral networking.
- Establishing positive relationships with medical communities by coordinating with humanitarian governing entities as well as partners. Attend humanitarian and medical conferences, forums and related society events and functions.
- Assisting with implementing partner applications, grant applications and revenue generation to provide financial support to the organization.
- The Medical Director reports to the Board of Directors. Growth potential for the right individual after a successful tenure as Medical Director includes board of director position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in Leadership and Management:
- Oversees medical operations to deliver efficiently and effectively quality clinical services.
- Participates in volunteer need assessment, interviewing, and induction of new volunteers.
- Sets health/clinical performance targets and addresses concerns of volunteers under his/her supervision.
- Supports the operations of the programs to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director in the preparation of reports for the Board of Directors
- Ensures that standard quality of clinical services is delivered in all programs.
- Promotes the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice
- Conducts medical training, safety, and quality assurance activities.
- Participates and directs provider and medical care team meetings and Journal Club.
- Establishes linkages with referral entities such as pharmacy, dental care, and mental health resources to expand partnerships.
- Assists Integrative medical provider in coordination of medical services in programs. Integrative medical providers include acupuncturists, naturopaths, and homeopaths.
- Provides periodic comprehensive support supervision reports
- The Medical Director’s physician duties include performing as an active member of the medical team and/or as field medical director. The Medical Director shall act in this capacity at one park clinic per week (Wednesday or Thursday), one companion care trip weekly and one WFHC clinic every 6 weeks until number of clinics change.
- Provides technical leadership and mentorship to volunteers to ensure their continuous growth and learning.
- Ability to create, update and maintain the company medical protocol and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Skill, and Experience – The requirements listed below are representative of the educational qualification, knowledge, skill, and experience requested:
- Skill providing excellent patient care and support; excellent written and verbal communication with individuals from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups. Experience and interest in internal and external communications, especially within the development, government, and political environment.
- Ability demonstrate and teach others ethical behaviors.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback including evaluation of provider’s productivity and practice attributes.
- Minimum of 5 years medical/health service experience required with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines.
- Current licensure as an MD to practice in the State of California by the State Board. A master’s in public Health will be a distinct advantage.
- No medical license suspension or revocation.
- Current DEA, DPS, CPR (ACLS preferred) certification.
- Valid Driver’s License for at least 6 months from application date
- Must have good leadership skills which should be evident in past job roles.
- Sound program management skills.
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills with English as first language.
Leave a Response