Ganna Walska Lotusland Position Description
Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Classification: Full-Time (40-hour workweek)
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5PM with occasional weekend and evening hours.
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $65,000-$70,000 DOE, Exempt
About the position:
Lotusland is looking for an innovative marketing professional to design, oversee and implement our core marketing and communications efforts and strategically build an overarching plan to support the Garden’s future.
The successful candidate will generate, design, and leverage content to better engage the public in our mission and drive philanthropic support. This position will join the Garden team as we enter into our 30th year. The Garden is at a transformative moment in our history and we are looking for a marketing expert to help significantly increase our positive impact on the organization.
The Marketing and Communications Manager plans the program and leads the strategy and execution for all marketing activities and collateral development to consistently articulate the Garden’s mission and to grow participation in activities that support our mission, visitation, membership, donations, education programs, Garden Shop sales, and volunteer engagement.
This position will lead the strategic development of marketing campaigns aimed to support the Garden. This position reports to the Executive Director will be charged with both helping to develop realistic goals, measurable objectives, and budgets for marketing efforts.
The Marketing and Communications Manager supervises contract employees and vendors for outsourced printing, graphic design and commercial photo shoots, and serves as the project manager for the print Lotusland Newsletter (3x year). The role is responsible for marketing events and activities generated by the public programs, events and development teams, as well as highlighting volunteers, staff, and community partnerships.
This manager champions the Lotusland brand and is responsible for all efforts related to public relations, advertising, media relations, digital and print publications, social media, onsite marketing, and email. The director is a member of the Leadership Team collaborates with the GWL administrative team to support the Garden’s strategic goals. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about the natural world.
The ideal candidate is innovative, creative, multimedia savvy, and extremely organized. This position requires a team player who can effectively prioritize and strategize, while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Serves as primary Media and Public Relations point of contact for inbound calls or queries.
- Create content for media, press releases etc. in alignment with strategic objectives and Lotusland “voice”.
- Serve as point person to provide support to PR and track media index.
- Manage distribution and follow-up on press releases and print media opportunities.
- Develop relationships with press/media and serve as point of contact for media.
- Oversee commercial photo shoots and reviews contractual information, collect invoices.
- Contribute content and manage process for all print newsletters, flyers, invitations.
- Create and manage production of organizational materials such as brochures, reports, fliers, etc.
- Manage printing and distribution of various Garden leaflets, brochures, rack cards, promotional booklets, etc.
- Ensure that all correspondence, office supplies or stationary, and any promotional and marketing materials meet the Lotusland’s brand identity strategy.
- Compile monthly and annual marketing reports (across social media, web, email) to highlight the Garden’s work and successes.
- Create and coordinate with relevant staff the Garden’s email marketing; including digital flyers and newsletters, seasonal fundraising appeals, membership correspondence, event promotion.
- Create follow up communications for Garden visitors with invitation to participate
- Edit copy to support email communications and drive engagement.
- Manage email templates and source images to support emails.
- Manage and monitor social platforms (Facebook, Instagram) and online reputation outlets (Google, Yelp, and TripAdvisor).
- Develop an annual marketing plan and quarterly editorial content calendar.
- Promote Lotusland events in a timely and consistent manner on social media.
- Using approved templates and sourced images/artwork, design social media posts and draft copy for captions.
- Foster positive community engagement by responding to comments across platforms in a timely, on-brand, and professional manner.
- Process website update requests as needed to ensure website information remains current.
- Directly or indirectly facilitate backend updates as needed.
- Monitor website’s general email inbox to ensure timely responses to inquiries
- Creatively conceptualize print and digital collateral and work collaboratively with a graphic designer.
- Coordinate Garden’s Newsletter and serve as copywriter and editor as needed.
- Write copy or serve as editor for marketing, fundraising, and interpretive projects as needed.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience with email marketing programs (MailChimp preferred), and email marketing metrics. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Experience with Facebook, Vimeo, Instagram front and backend management systems.
- Experience with WordPress management systems preferred.
- Superb written and oral communication skills consistent with AP-style guidelines, including story/message development, copywriting, detailed editing, and excellent grammar. Comfortable with critique and the revision process.
- Self-motivated and creative with an aptitude for managing multiple, simultaneous projects and working with a team.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- A passion for the Garden’s mission.
- A commitment to excellence, teamwork, equity, and inclusion.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA or BS in Marketing and/or Communications and/or 5 years+ related job experience.
- Experience with marketing platforms including WordPress, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Sprout Social.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams)
Lotusland’s administrative offices are located in a historic 2-story estate located in a 37 acre garden.
- General office environment within the garden setting of Lotusland.
- Requires working outside during events and the ability to comfortably move around the garden.
- Frequent work on the telephone and computer (repetitive movement – typing)
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs and bending with occasional lifting of light to moderate loads (25 lbs)
Please send a complete application to be considered:
1) your resume
2) cover letter and
3) three references with email contact information to: email@example.com
For more information, visit www.lotusland.org
Lotusland is an Equal Opportunity Employer