APPLY ONLINE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=161d79b6-9781-4a1a-bb96-e700c85ee540&jobId=429609&lang=en_US
This position is responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the Second largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community. Based in Santa Barbara, CA, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in two markets, Santa Barbara and Santa Maria.
- Responsible for high level volunteer recruitment, training, coaching, and management resulting in the attainment of revenue and team goals.
- Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
- Responsible for overall Walk to End Alzheimer’s volunteer committee development, team recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, marketing/PR, logistics and best practice implementation.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve development goals.
- Execute plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and support.
- Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Ensure Walk to End Alzheimer’s standards are being followed.
- Support and participate in formal advocacy and public policy activities as requested.
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at public events, conferences, and media events as needed.
- Manage Walk-Specific social media, such as Facebook groups.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals.
- Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background.
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to recruit and manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate equity and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals. While most such travel is the same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25lbs of materials.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day of their choosing , Caregiver Leave, Volunteer and School Visitation time off, paid holidays and a gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.