CALM’s mission is to prevent childhood trauma, heal children and families, and build resilient communities throughout Santa Barbara County. Everyday CALM’s dedicated and talented staff make a difference in the lives of children and families throughout Santa Barbara County.
CALM is seeking an Intake Coordinator to provide intake services for CALM clinical programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Searches client electronic health record for existing records in order to avoid duplicate records and for referencing prior services.
- Conducts callbacks and pre-admission in a timely manner for all clients and groups participants.
- Provides community referrals for those not eligible for service
- Manages and prioritizes callback list and follows-up on pending requests.
- Attends Intake meetings and works collaboratively with Intake Team and Quality Assurance Team.
- Will monitor expected caseloads and collaborate with staff in order to make case assignments.
- Meets with Intake Supervisor and Program Manager as needed in order to facilitate case assignme
- Receives and adds additional program information to case records, as need
- Makes suspected child abuse reports, as needed, and follows other legal and agency policies pertaining to consent to treatment (e.g. obtaining proper custody orders when necessary).
- Assists with client walk-ins or crisis calls as neede
- Completes other administrative duties, as assigne
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
MFT Associate, ASW, or Psychological Assistant required. Experience working with complex issues surrounding children and families preferred.
Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector highly desirable.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills, strong oral and written communication skill
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is preferred.
- Able to interact with a variety of staff and visitors in an effective, courteous, and professional manner.
- Able to work independently and be a strong team player.
- Utilize effective time management skills and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyses information skillfully; develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, and will request help when needed.
- Extremely organized and detail-orient
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook and Knowledge of CALM’s electronic health record.
HOURS of EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part time position. A 20-hour work week schedule will be established on consultation with the supervisor,evening and weekend hours may apply. The normal work week is Monday – Friday. Normal hours of work will beestablished between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is dependent on experience. Benefits include sick leave and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Qualified, interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please type your [Name] and [Position Title] you are applying in the email Subject Line when submitting your resume.