Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
Position Title: Finance and Administration Specialist
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
About the Position: Reporting to the CFO, the Finance and Administration Specialist will prepare month end financial reporting and variance analysis, forecast updates, support and manage the annual budget, develop and management of key performance indicators (KPI’s), process improvements and perform ad hoc analysis. In addition, the F&A Specialist will manage the business insurance and oversee all leases and organization MOU’s.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages the annual budget process, by coordinating and managing departmental submissions of annual budget numbers; refreshes forecast on a semiannual basis.
- Prepare month-end financial reporting, including Statement of Cash Flows, and related variance analysis highlighting key trends.
- Manages business insurance and ensure proper lines of coverage are in place (general liability, D&O, auto liability, workers comp, commercial/personal property, volunteer/special risk group accident insurance).
- Collaborates with Human Resource Manager by providing accounting oversight in payroll data entry to accounting system (Ceres)
- Administratively supports annual audit by managing administration of the audit task list, assign duties and monitor progress as required.
- Develop financial measures or KPI’s for organization’s key activities and departments. Provides support as requested for all new grant initiatives, by tracking results and requesting funds for reimbursement. Implement program level and grant profit and loss reporting.
- Manage and maintain all long term leases and other equipment as needed.
- Work collaboratively with leadership team to ensure MOU’s (memorandum of understandings) with community partners and organizations are in place and compliant with industry standards and models.
- Promote a culture of service and best practices across finance and the overall organization.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Commitment to understanding and supporting FBSBC’s mission. Shows compassion and appreciation for hunger issues.
- Four Year Degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Non-profit Finance/Accounting experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organization and written and oral communication skills.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Leave a Response