Downtown Santa Barbara, Inc. (DSB) is a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion and enhancement of Downtown Santa Barbara for the benefit of its business members, Santa Barbara residents and visitors. The Director of Strategic Initiatives reports to the Executive Director and supports with marketing and communications, partnerships, fundraising, economic development and enhancing downtown events and programs.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Vision & Leadership
- Assist with developing the vision and direction of the organization in collaboration with the board of directors, executive director and staff.
- Work to increase the capacity of the organization for the benefit of its members, residents and visitors though organizational development, sponsorship, partnerships and collaborations
- Facilitate strategic collaborative projects among key members across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Create a positive, trustworthy, creative, innovative, organizational culture
Communications & Marketing
- Serve as part of the executive leadership team and serve as a key spokesperson for the organization at meetings, in the media and in the community.
- Create and execute communications strategies for the website, e-newsletter, press releases, and marketing campaigns to enhance the organization’s brand in collaboration with DSB’s Marketing and Social Media Manager.
- Regularly communicates with the general public, city employees, developers, property owners and the business community
- Assists in development of an annual report to share with stakeholders
- Manage relationships with BID and associate members in collaboration with other DSB Staff
- Write and contribute to weekly e-newsletters to the public and businesses
- Attend and participate in board and staff meetings, committee meetings as assigned
- Support with development, execution and enhancement of a shop local campaign
- Maintain records of business prospects, downtown property and business owners contacts
- Assist with supporting business growth within downtown (both new and existing businesses).
- Leverage local economic development and training resources to support local businesses
Events and Programs
- Assist in developing strategies to grow programs such as 1st Thursday ArtWalk, Annual Awards Breakfast, Live Art and Wine Tour, Holiday Parade, Networking Mixers, State Street Promenade Market, Downtown Walking Tours
- Recruit and maintain relationships with sponsors, partners and contractors for new and existing events and programs
- Manage aspects of events and programs in collaboration with DSB staff team
- Build and manage partnerships with local organizations to grow the capacity of the organization for the benefit of its members
- Creatively explore solutions to downtown challenges in collaboration with local partners
Supervision and Management
- Supervise, manage and direct downtown staff and committees working collectively on downtown strategic initiatives
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with ability to distill conversations into concrete plans
- Strategic-minded and process-oriented with ability to effectively manage diverse projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude, sense of humor and customer-service orientation
- Demonstrated passion for the mission of DSB
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business administration, marketing, economics or similar field
This position is a regular, full-time position and is subject to a three (3) month probationary period and includes full medical, dental and vision benefits. Vacation, sick days are also included. Position could also be considered as half or three quarters time for a qualified candidate.
SALARY: Competitive salary and benefit package based on experience.
Full Time Salary: $65,000-85,000
To apply: Send cover letter and resume with Director of Strategic Initiatives in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13, 2022.