SBF is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to lead our Communications team, as part of our Philanthropic Services department! The Director will report to the Vice President, Philanthropic Services. This is a full-time, exempt position that will allow for working in the office and for telecommuting.
Pay is $100K-$105K annually, depending on skills and experience demonstrated during the interview process.
All applicants are required to submit a resume, application and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Please visit https://www.sbfoundation.org/jobs/director-of-marketing-and-communications/
The role of the Director of Marketing & Communications is to provide strategic direction for the brand, marketing and communications strategies of the Foundation, and to communicate the vision and work of SBF through multiple channels including website, print materials, and multimedia and social media. The Director will work closely with the leadership team, and all other departments, to promote and support the mission and vision of the Foundation. This person will manage the Communications Team.
- Manage the brand, communications, public relations, and marketing for the Foundation.
- Create and maintain the communications strategy to align with the SBF’s brand identity.
- Oversee the development and implementation of consistently branded marketing materials that support the vision, mission, and strategy of SBF.
- Manage public relations/press opportunities, sponsorships, speech writing/talking points, and Ambassador program for staff and Board Trustees.
- Complement the fundraising efforts of the PS team and President & CEO and support additional senior leaders and Board with public engagement opportunities.
- Lead the Person of the Year and Celebrate Philanthropy public events, including the support of the nomination committees made up of former award recipients.
- Create and maintain an advertising and image plan, integrating all aspects of the SBF’s publications, website, events, and other means of communication.
- Oversee the design, production, and distribution of Foundation publications, including the annual report, newsletters, e-newsletters, e-blasts, brochures, annual appeals and others that may be developed.
- Plan and supervise production on print collateral and e-communications.
- Seek out, initiate, and leverage opportunities to market the Foundation through multiple channels (earned and purchased media, social media, events, and creative collaboration).
- Assist leadership team with strategies to analyze donor capacity and giving trends to upgrade donor engagement with the foundation particularly in the area of electronic and web communication and outreach.
- Oversee and implement the multi-media visual identity of SBF including but not limited to publications, web presence, social media, digital, video content, and electronic constituent communication.
- Oversee the work of the Communications Team and provide training, coaching, identifying learning and development opportunities and administer their performance reviews.
- Serve as the co-site administrator for the Foundation website including directing the vision and scope of the website, making sure content is current and relevant and managing content authors.
- Coordinate production and distribution of a variety of SBF special event invitations, programs, fliers, etc.
- Manage social media avenues and outreach including the production and development of content and materials for such social media outlets as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Contribute to special projects and reports.
- Cultivate and manage vendors, consultants and firms used for brand development, graphic design, printing, and media organizations.
- Keep Outlook calendar as per SBF standard.
- Exemplify SBF’s values-based culture internally (within the organization) and when attending events on behalf of SBF.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Possess a highly collaborative working style.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing a team of direct reports, including mentoring, developing, and providing constructive feedback.
- Comfortability with public speaking and the ability to successfully represent SBF and engage diverse populations of constituents.
- Emotionally intelligent with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills, and the desire to continually fine tune these skills.
- A strong track record successfully managing deliverables.
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities in a fast-moving and changing environment.
- High level of computer proficiency including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and HTML.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work within deadlines and with acute attention to details.
- Ability to work and attend events through, and/or as a representative of, SBF, on occasional nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated commensurate professional experience
- A minimum of five years of prior work experience in public relations, media relations, or communications and marketing.
- Familiarity with the communities of Santa Barbara County.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Experience in a leadership role is preferred.
- A sense of humor is preferred!
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, up to 13 holidays, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits, massages and more!
Leave a Response