Director of Development, College of Engineering
UCSB Office of Development
Summary of Job Details
This position reports to the assistant dean of development for the College of Engineering (“COE”). Works to optimize philanthropic support for COE and other inter-campus/collaborative fundraising initiatives in response to academic priorities established by the dean of COE and select affiliated program directors. As a member of the Development Office staff, fundraising efforts are devoted primarily to engineering with the remaining time to other university initiatives, as appropriate. Focuses approximately ninety percent time on fundraising activities for gifts of $100,000+, which includes seven-figure gifts and planned gifts. Focuses ten percent on other activities related to fund raising and administrative duties, such as coordinating and executing aspects of the engineering development program. Coordinates and executes planned strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, closing and stewardship of gifts – primarily from individuals, but may also include corporations and foundations. Works personally with donors and donor-prospects and supports the dean, faculty and volunteers in forging relationships as appropriate, in order to maximize philanthropic support for engineering and UC Santa Barbara. Works to ensure that all aspects of his/her development program are internally consistent, thematically related, and compatible with the policies and priorities of the relevant academic units, Development Office and university.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 4-6 years Major gift experience, raising five-, six- and seven-figure gifts. Required
- 4-6 years Demonstrated skill at gift negotiation and gift solicitation to engage complex and sophisticated individual, corporate, and foundation donors toward significant philanthropic outcomes. Required
Special Conditions of Employment
- This is an annually renewable contract position with no limit on total duration.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel frequently.
- Ability to work comfortably with a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend work.
Budgeted Salary Range: $115,000 – $140,000
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Application review begins 7.26.23. Apply online at www.jobs.ucsb.edu. #55980