The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara seeks an energetic and accomplished fundraising professional to serve as Director of Development. The incumbent will oversee all aspects of the organization’s fundraising operation, including annual, endowed, planned, and capital giving. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with a broad array of Foundation constituencies, including donors, Board members, education officials, and community leaders, with polish and sophistication. Outstanding time management, project management, and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated success in donor cultivation and stewardship is essential. Must have exceptional communications skills.
- Expands donor pool on all levels
- Collaborates with the CEO and Board of Directors in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding new donors and securing major gifts, including planned gifts
- Develops personal knowledge and understanding of donors
- Identifies and pursues sources of funding from corporations, individuals, foundations, clubs, and organizations
- In collaboration with the CEO, encourages, motivates, and supports the Board in its cultivation of donors
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with the Board Development Committee and other volunteer committees
- Manages a staff of 2-3, plus an outside grant writer
- Coordinates and organizes a full slate of fundraising events
- Gives public presentations
- Contributes to donor communication efforts, including direct mailing, the dissemination of collateral, etc.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations for nonprofits and in business community organizations to expand donor pool
- Attends nonprofit education seminars to stay current on development-related activities and best practices nationwide
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible experience
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and be able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Proficient in use of office technology, including detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and fundraising software
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding sensitive information
- Experience supervising professional staff
- Ability to prepare budgets, plans, and reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; master’s degree and/or CFRE preferred
- Able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SUBMIT:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
No telephone calls please. This is a full-time exempt position. Evening and weekend work required. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal background check required.