The Development Coordinator plays a critical role in advancing MOXI’s mission. This role is responsible for maintaining the donor data base ensuring all donors are documented, recognized, acknowledged, and thanked with timely and professional communications. This position supports the Development team with mailings, events, and donor stewardship projects. The Development Coordinator is expected to be timely and accurate with record keeping, response to email or phone inquiries, and gift acknowledgement. Above all, the Development Coordinator should provide excellent customer service in all transactions and interactions.
Report to: Associate Director of Development
- Make calls to thank individual donors (for gifts under $100) and draft and mail gift acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
- Assist Development team with list creation for campaigns, invitations, and email communications and, with mentorship, taking a lead role developing the museum’s spring appeal, Send a Kid to Camp.
- Assist Development team on accommodating Board members and major donors with special requests regarding tours, events, in-kind donations to other institutions, etc.
- Support the Development team to manage communications for keeping major gift donors informed and engaged.
- Perform regular data entry utilizing the Altru database to track pledges, payments and donor correspondence, maintain up to date donor contact information, record donor date, prospect information, donor gifts, event information, ticketing, and other data pertinent to fundraising efforts. Maintain corresponding paper files as needed.
- Regularly perform administrative functions for the Development team including scheduling, correspondence, invoices, copying, filing, mailing, meeting material preparation, and similar tasks.
- Assist in creating progress reports for the Development Team, CEO, and Advancement Committee.
- Assist in creating the Development department calendars including, but not limited to, communications calendar, events, and fundraising activities.
- Assist the Development team onsite and at special events, including exhibit openings, museum programs, and members-only events.
- Flag Innovator Circle purchases for donor stewardship/cultivation strategy.
- Serve as the primary steward of Altru development data
- Track prospects and manage stewardship of MOXI@Night.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications:
- Conscientious and detail-oriented; must have an appreciation of the necessity of following through with paperwork, record-keeping, documentation, and donor confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize varied tasks in a manner that most effectively serves the needs of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be receptive to the ideas of others and able to work cooperatively to prioritize tasks and accommodate many different and conflicting concerns.
- Passion for creating a world-class museum that is recognized as a truly outstanding educational experience.
- Enthusiasm for working in an organization where change is frequent, the structure is evolving, and flexibility, teamwork, and good humor are absolute necessities.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new systems and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Awareness of issues relating to access and inclusion and the ability to build inclusive and accessible programs.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Education and Experience requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Altru and Cuseum preferred.
- 1+ year experience in an administrative role
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule of both weekdays and weekends, holidays, evenings, and some early mornings.
- Predictable and timely attendance is required.
- Position must be able to bend, squat, and lift up to 20 lbs; work with multiple technologies; stand for extended periods of time; troubleshoot and problem solves; and communicate effectively and courteously with a variety of people verbally and in writing. Reasonable accommodations may be made in order to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasons to apply
- Growth-centered work environment that includes developmental training.
- Playful social culture with opportunities to get to know your coworkers.
- Free admission into local museums including MOXI, Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Lotusland, and Santa Barbara Zoo.
- Medical insurance options including HSA, PPO Gold, and PPO Platinum plans
- Affordable dental and vision
- 100% employer sponsored EAP, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- 80 hours of paid vacation, 56 hours of paid sick leave, and 13 paid holidays each year
- Paid Family and Covid Sick Leave
MOXI, The Wolf Museum of Exploration + Innovation® is dedicated to igniting learning through interactive experiences in science and creativity. Located in the heart of Santa Barbara’s redeveloped tourist area at 125 State Street, the museum is LEED-certified Gold and serves guests of all ages through its hands-on exhibits and education programs. MOXI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization generously supported by its daily guests, members, facility rentals, and donations from individuals, foundations, and corporate partners.
Who we are
MOXI is a collaborative, creative, and fun place to work. Our team is guided by a set of core values that help create a joyful place where we empower curious minds to explore the world.
Our values: We are Playful. We are collaborative. We are experimenters – we take risks and embrace failure. We believe that diversity is critical to creativity.
How to apply
To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter and a resume.
Job Type: Non-exempt, Full-time
Pay: $22-$24 per hour
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Santa Barbara, CA 93101
MOXI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels.