The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara seeks a skilled fundraising professional to serve as Development Coordinator. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the Director of Development and general administrative support as needed by the organization. The Development Coordinator will oversee all aspects of event coordination and logistics management.
- Lead in the coordination and execution of all Foundation events countywide, including luncheons, receptions, dinners, awards ceremonies, etc. Duties will include preparation of invitations and invitation lists, ticket tracking, follow-up with guests, supervision of name tags/table assignments and registration, and pre-event planning.
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities and other donor engagement activities.
- Support all aspects of alumni donor outreach and cultivation practices.
- Maintain integrity and privacy of DonorPerfect files and produce reports as needed.
- Conduct donor research to identify prospects as assigned.
- Prepare data, merge, print, and mail fundraising letters and materials for all fundraising appeals; arrange for pick-up of materials.
- Maintain professional and warm relations with donors, volunteers, and board members.
- May provide administrative support for the senior staff, including special projects and reports, as needed. Responsibilities may involve exposure to sensitive information and require considerable discretion and judgment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with processing donations. Familiarity with donor and accounting software and ability to master new software applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Able to operate standard office equipment such as phones, computer workstations, copiers, and printers.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Represent the Foundation to student aid recipients, donors, and others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SUBMIT:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
No telephone calls please. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal background check required.
The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara is the nation’s largest community-based provider of college scholarships, having cumulatively awarded in excess of $150 million to more than 60,000 students throughout Santa Barbara County since its founding in 1962. A nonprofit organization, the Scholarship Foundation also provides free financial aid advising services. For additional information, visit www.sbscholarship.org.