Development Assistant Position Summary:
Whale Sanctuary Project’s Development Assistant has approximately 40% fundraising and 60% data/administrative responsibilities. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Assistant will primarily support the organization’s overall fundraising plan and year-round campaigns. This a contract position with a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week.
The Development Assistant will be responsible for soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding mid-level donors in support of the organization’s mission and programs.
The Development Assistant plays a key role in supporting the organization’s year-round direct mail campaigns.
The Development Assistant will be responsible for identifying grant prospects and working with the President to draft and submit compelling grant proposals.
Data and administrative responsibilities include maintaining the organization’s donor relationship management system, assisting in email marketing campaigns, drafting donor correspondence, and facilitating the organization’s donation acknowledgment program.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
· Research, identify, and vet foundations that will likely serve as sources of support for Whale Sanctuary Project’s mission and other priorities as identified by leadership, including drafting and submission of grant proposals (2-3 hours per week)
· Accurately enter and update information in donor relationship management system (Bloomerang) and Dropbox to reflect contact with donors while maintaining confidentiality of donor information (3-5 hours per week)
· Solicit, cultivate, and steward mid-level donors in support of the organization’s mission and programs (1-3 hours per week)
· Maintain email subscriber list and segment out portions of subscriber audience as necessary based on communications and email marketing needs (1-2 hours per week)
· Draft and send donor correspondence to major donors based on needs of leadership and donors’ specific areas of interest (1 hour per week)
· Manage direct mail process in partnership with an outside vendor (5-7 hours ~once per quarter)
· Manage donor acknowledgement process, ensuring acknowledgement letters are accurate and sent in a timely manner as dictated by type and level of donation (1 hour per week)
· Performs other duties as assigned or requested (1-3 hours per week)
· Previous nonprofit administration or fundraising experience a plus
· Strong computer skills, data entry, and Microsoft Office, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
· Proficiency in donor relationship management systems; Bloomerang, PayPal, and Dropbox
· Exceptional writing skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Familiarity with nonprofit finance and applicable tax law a plus
· Passion for the Whale Sanctuary Project’s mission and committed to changing the way we relate to cetaceans
Leave a Response