Position Title: Development Assistant (Part-Time)
Reports To: Development and Donor Relations Officer
Are you passionate about economic equity and building resilient communities? Help WEV develop funder relationships that advance our mission.
Are you looking for work with a purpose?
Do you care about building economic equity and resilient communities?
WEV (pronounced “weave”) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women. We are a mission-driven organization based in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, whose primary focus is on supporting women and historically marginalized entrepreneurs. In 2022, WEV was the recipient of the Non-Profit of the Year award presented by the Ventura Chamber of Commerce and the Small Business Advocate award from the Pacific Coast Business Times. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer with team members working locally and remotely.
WEV’s Development team is responsible for raising philanthropic funds to help advance our mission. The Development Assistant serves as the backbone of the team by overseeing the varied administrative processes that support building and deepening WEV funder relations.
This role is a part-time (approx. 20 hours/week), non-exempt position based in WEV’s Santa Barbara office, with hybrid work opportunities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Responds to donor communications, such as answering phone and email inquiries.
- Coordinates and write donor correspondence, including thank-you letters, pledge reminders, and invitations to special events.
- Manages donor database software, including processing donations, building and updating reports, and reconciling contributions with WEV’s financial controller. Oversees special projects to improve data integrity.
- Files donation-related paperwork and maintaining organized donor records.
- Performs event and meeting administration, including identifying and reserving venues, arranging food and beverage, managing guestlist, event setup, etc.
- Provides administrative support to Development staff and Development Committees.
- Works with Development and Donor Relations Officer to ensure best practices are followed regarding gift processing, donor communications, receipting, and donor software management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Provides general office administration (greet walk-ins, sort and stamp mail, order and maintain supplies, monitor equipment, etc).
- Supports with Santa Barbara Community room reservations as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a consistently positive outlook
- Creative and adaptable mindset, with a desire to seek out and implement best practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an office environment with related experience
- Ability to communicate professionally and tactfully with colleagues, volunteers, donors, and Board members of varying social and cultural backgrounds
- Strong writing, multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of Asana, Teams, and Zoom
- Commitment to WEV’s mission
- Willingness to travel as necessary throughout Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Existing knowledge and connections with the Santa Barbara and/or Ventura County community.
- Nonprofit database experience (ideally DonorPerfect)
- Ability to adjust schedule to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends on occasion
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), with excellent written and oral communication skills
Minimum: Associates degree
Preferred: Degree from four-year college
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Sit at a computer, typing for 60-80% of the time
- Walking, standing, sitting for long periods of time
Compensation: $24 to $25 /hour DOE
Our working environment and company culture support flexibility and work-life balance. For part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week, WEV’s benefits package includes life insurance, wellness leave, and Simple IRA contribution.
To apply, please visit: https://www.wevonline.org/careers/development-assistant/
WEV is a non-profit organization that provides training, advisory services, and loans to help entrepreneurs start, grow, and thrive in business. WEV has served Santa Barbara and Ventura counties since 1991. While WEV’s focus is on women, it welcomes people of all gender identities into the WEV community. Services are provided in both English and Spanish.
Leave a Response