POSITION: Development and Membership Associate
REPORTS TO: Director
POSITION STATUS: REGULAR FULL-TIME, EXEMPT
The Development and Membership Associate is responsible for facilitating various fundraising strategies, membership drives, and community events for Museum of Contemporary Art Santa Barbara (MCASB). The Associate helps to develop and implement these strategies to generate income for the Museum through various methods. The position is vital in ensuring strong relationships with funders, donors, and members, while maintaining the institutional brand and voice of the Museum across all departments. Additionally, this role is responsible for building, maintaining, tracking, and growing the donor and membership base at MCASB.
BENEFITS for this position include paid sick and vacation time, 11 holidays annually, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and the opportunity to contribute to a retirement program with matching.
- BA or equivalent level of education and experience required
- 3 years of directly related work experience in fundraising is preferred
- 3 years of development experience including grant writing, donor appeals, individual solicitation process, donor cultivation is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or other comparable digital CRM platforms required
- Working knowledge of MAC OS, Microsoft Ofﬁce Suite, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media, and constituent management databases is essential
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to present clearly and persuasively
- Knowledge of the visual arts is preferred but not required
- Quick learner who is comfortable taking initiative and working independently
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Demonstrate good decisions and sound judgment
- Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required
- Report to the Director to develop and implement strategies to raise essential funds for MCASB
- Supporting role in grant research, grant writing, communication with grantors, foundations, corporations, and individual donors
- Accurately maintain the Salesforce database including, but not limited to, updating constituent records, charitable contribution entry, and donor communication
- Accurately maintain the Salesforce database to track Board dues, and Board “give/get contributions.
- Generate metric analysis of weekly/monthly reports to the Director and Board of Directors with accurate records of incoming donations, restricted/unrestricted contributions, in-kind support, and all other charitable revenue streams
- Process contributions, individual, corporate, and foundation giving, drafting appropriate acknowledgments for approval, and maintain both digital and print donor files
- Assist in the planning and implementation of fundraising events, opening receptions, and programs that serve MCASB’s members and broader audience (guest lists, registration materials, staffing, catering, rentals, set-up & take-down, securing permits/licenses)
- Coordinate event collateral materials including save the dates, invitations, programs, and signage
- Work with all staff members and Board to maintain and develop the donor appreciation programs
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Responsible for maintenance and accuracy of all member information
- Manage incoming memberships by phone, in-person, online, mail, and by referral
- Contribute to crafting communication unique to the voice and vision of MCASB’s membership program for acquisition and pipeline strategies
- Research current/prospective members to deliver appropriate messaging in language, content, and offers
- Conduct email and direct-mail marketing outreach to prospective members
- Generate metric analysis of weekly/monthly reports to the Director and Board of Directors regarding renewals, new members, high-level members, prospects, and engagement opportunities
- Timely management of new membership applications and renewals processes including composing and sending letters, providing invoicing, and tax information as needed with high attention to detail pertaining to each level of benefits. Include copies of such documentation and correspondence in Salesforce
- Create new member packets, membership cards, renewal requests, and lapsed renewal requests with high attention to detail pertaining to each level benefits
- Track inventory of catalogs and shipping supplies for new member packages
- Work with the Director, Chief Curator, and Engagement Department to plan and execute exhibition tours and Art Study Tours for members and potential donors (book hotel reservations, restaurant reservations, transportation in visiting cities, schedule curator-led tours, itineraries, and marketing materials).
- Work events (public and members-only) to engage with community stakeholders with a focus on membership acquisition and relationship building
- Support Director in securing benefits for upper-level member groups and donors, including securing VIP Passes to art fairs worldwide
- Respond to basic inquiries regarding membership billing and benefits
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, two references, and availability to resume at mcasantabarbara dot org, with the subject line “Development and Membership Associate”.
About Museum of Contemporary Art Santa Barbara
Museum of Contemporary Art Santa Barbara (MCASB) seeks to enrich lives and inspire critical thinking through meaningful engagement with the art and ideas of our time. MCASB provides Santa Barbara and the Central Coast with exhibitions and programming that encourage discovery, cultivate new perspectives, and challenge the way we see and experience the world, ourselves, and each other.
Museum of Contemporary Art Santa Barbara provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Museum of Contemporary Art Santa Barbara complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Leave a Response