We are seeking a Data and Administrative Associate to join us as par of our Evaluation and Learning team, which is part of our larger Community Engagement (CE) department. This position reports directly to our Director of Evaluation and Learning and is based in Santa Barbara County.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
All applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and completed copy of our employment application, in order to be considered.
The Data and Administrative Associate is responsible for data maintenance support, grants processing, grants data analysis, and administrative support for the Community Engagement department. The Community Engagement Department serves constituents including nonprofits organizations, donors, elected officials, foundations, and government partners. In coordination with the Data Administrator and a parallel role in the Philanthropic Service Department, the Data and Administrative Associate will maintain the quality of constituent data and general database health for the Foundation.
Support & Maintenance
- Cultivate positive relationships with the public and organizations seeking information regarding the Foundation’s various funding opportunities. Provide technical support to agencies registering and navigating grants portal.
- Maintain the constituent/grant database for accurate and efficient record keeping and reporting.
- Maintain the integrity of the Foundation’s digital filing system.
- Support the Community Engagement Department’s data entry needs.
- Process grants requests from intake to close, including data entry, spreadsheet creation and tracking, grantee correspondence, payment processing, follow up on reporting requirements, and document retention.
- Update and maintain designation coding in constituent records for outreach, education, grant programs, and relationship management.
- Maintain workflows, consistency in data entry, and mine data on grants in GrantedEdge.
- Maintain documentation and suggest updates to processes and procedures related to data entry.
- Generate database queries and list generation for constituent engagement activities.
- Develop a strong familiarity with individual constituent names, categories, and segmentations.
- Assist Data Administrator in data cleanup, database audits, and health checks.
- Assist with data entry training for Foundation staff.
General Administrative Support:
- Provide general administrative support to and the Vice President of Programs as well as to the Grantmaking, Learning and Evaluation teams.
- Schedule meetings, including logistics and pre-and post-meeting materials or mailings for Vice President of Programs and other Community Engagement Directors as needed.
- Attend and prepare materials for Community Engagement Departmental Meetings.
- Oversight and management of select and shared Monday.com boards and SharePoint sites.
- Assist with coordinating internal department and some external events such as planning logistics, securing services, and accepting RSVPs, etc.
- Create and document office procedures as they pertain to the Community Engagement Department.
- Be an active and engaged staff member, attending staff meetings and events.
- Keep Outlook calendar populated as per SBF’s standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interest in data driven, detail-oriented support work. Enjoys supporting other roles in an administrative capacity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail: ability to prioritize and work effectively, follow tasks through to completion, and disciplined in managing time to ensure success.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to distill complicated information for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Experience working in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Project management skills, including online platforms, such as Monday.com.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with MS365 Suite, especially Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Previous experience with constituent management systems, such as Raiser’s Edge, Granted Edge or similar database preferred.
- Understand and adhere to high standards of service and integrity; able to exercise discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Self-directed, with a desire and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend Foundation events.
- General office environment; may be in open office area or shared office space.
- Dogs (pets) intermittently on the premises, weekly. See our Pet Policy for more information.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Ability to work a schedule that may blend in-office working time with telecommuting. Opportunity to telecommute requires one to provide own router, modem, and internet connection.
- Some driving travel within the county and occasional travel outside of the county (via car or plane).
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting/pushing of light to heavy loads (10lbs. to more than 50 lbs.)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, 14 holidays, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits, chair massages and more!
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This nonexempt position is compensated at $24-$26 per hour, based on a 40 hour work-week.
Leave a Response