Status: Exempt Full Time Position
Pay Range: $62,400 annually D.O.E.
Days: Tuesday- Saturday
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b), life insurance
Directs/manages overall daily operations of the designated Unit for the United Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Barbara County, with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Establish Clubhouse program objectives consistent with organizational goals, mission, and vision.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals, utilizing Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s formula for impact
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities/athletics and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Recruit, hire, and train staff to fill vacant positions.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members, parents, and the community; utilizing the guidance and discipline plan.
- Attend manager training including planning, budgeting, supervision and management techniques.
- Attend weekly Club Director Staff meetings.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Maintain close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information.
- Maintain regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel.
- Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
- Meet with City staff and present at City Council meetings; meet with donors, superintendent, principals and develop local relationships in the community
- Become an active member of a local service group (i.e. Optimist/ Rotary)
- Club Development & Planning
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups.
- Maintain fleet vehicles and assure proper licensing of drivers.
- Maintain Clubs’ building including interior and exterior maintenance.
- Research and prepare for equipment purchases within designated area.
- Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for branch staff and volunteers.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs and athletics, services and activities within the Club and the community. Invite participants, families, schools and community representatives to UBGC functions as directed.
- Recruit, maintain, and hold monthly community council meetings.
- Oversee Recess Programming
- Develop and maintain outreach programs
- Athletics Development & Planning – County Wide programs
- Develop, plan, and deliver county-wide athletic programs/activities consistent with the organization’s mission that meet the needs and interests of all Club members. Ensure various sports clinics are hosted.
- Support, advise, and coach fellow staff members on best practices for implementing sports and athletic programs in all areas of UBGC Clubs. Plan, coordinate, and post sports leagues schedules through the League Lobster program.
- Promote and stimulate interest and participation in the gym through announcements, contests, demonstrations, and market UBGC Athletic programs throughout Santa Barbara County.
- Create opportunities for off-site field trips and special events/experiences that promote athletics.
- Responsible for developing and promoting the UBGC Banner Program throughout Santa Barbara County.
- Recruit and develop collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Responsible for grouping participants as teams in Member Tracking System. Maintain records on all athletic department activities.
- Prepare monthly reports to present at Board Meetings; including updates on athletic programs, activities, and budget compliance
- Ensure equipment and supplies are maintained and accounted for including all gym equipment and various sports league equipment.
- Recruit, train, and supervise program volunteers on game rules.
- Prepare annual budget and make necessary adjustments with C.E.O. approval.
- Track and manage daily income, fees, and balances
- Approve all incoming invoices for expenses.
- Hold true to budget and review monthly.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to articulate verbally and in writing on a professional level.
- Skills in fund-raising events.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain Class B license with Youth Bus endorsement.
- Bi-Lingual preferred.
- Cleared background check and drug screen.
Leave a Response