Position Location: Southern Santa Barbara County
Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County seeks a part-time bookkeeper who will serve as a member of the financial team. The bookkeeper is responsible for supporting the affiliate’s financial management and ensuring timely accurate processing of income and expense, as well as monthly reconciliation and reporting as needed. The position involves general accounting activities including audit and month-end and year-end closes.
The Bookkeeper position is a part-time, non-exempt career opportunity and reports directly to the Director of Finance and Operations. Maximum up to 30 hours per week. Must be willing to be ‘hands on’ with daily accounting tasks. The position is onsite at our office located close to downtown Santa Barbara.
- Process donations and other income including bank deposits, credit card transactions, and mortgages.
- Process accounts payable invoices and payments in accordance with the organization policies and procedures.
- Maintain vendor information; assist in timely and accurate filing of annual 1099s.
- Complete monthly bank account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in compiling supporting documentation and researching questions for the auditors as requested.
- Provide research for annual budget preparation.
- Organize and maintain an accurate filing system.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have a valid CA Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks required.
- Minimum of two years accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, credit card reconciliation, and general ledger.
- Ability to work independently managing multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Track, manage and follow up on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High integrity with proven confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Experience with non-profits preferred.
- Compensation is commensurate with the non-profit field and is based upon experience.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs.
- Ability to sit at a desk, sitting most of the time, little exertion, some walking and standing.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The job opportunity is open until March 31, 2022.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by management, may be required. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description does not constitute a contract for employment, nor does it in any way alter the at will employment relationship. Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination.
About Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County:
Established in 2000, Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County (Habitat Santa Barbara) is a local nonprofit committed to building strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. We partner with low-income individuals and families in Southern Santa Barbara County to build or improve a place to call home. www.sbhabitat.org