BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITION – FINANCE
ShelterBox is a leading global nonprofit organization whose mission is to deliver humanitarian aid in the form of shelter and lifesaving supplies when a natural disaster or political conflict devastates a region. We are a global network headquartered in the UK with 14 affiliates around the globe that share our mission. Partnering with the United Nations, volunteers, and global Rotarians we are able to preposition our aid items around the world in distribution centers to help get aid to the people who need it the most. From Ukraine to Ethiopia, the Philippines, Yemen, Syria, the Lake Chad Basin, and beyond, in 2022 ShelterBox provided shelter to more than 350,000 people who were left homeless from disaster and conflict situations. ShelterBox has a four-star rating from Charity Navigator, platinum status in GuideStar, was nominated for the 2018 and 2019 Nobel Peace Prize, and is the official project partner of Rotary International in disaster relief.
The ShelterBox USA Board of Directors is comprised of leaders dedicated to the organization’s mission. Board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
ShelterBox USA is currently seeking a board member with a strong financial management background including expertise in accounting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis. Current or previous experience as a CFO with a CPA or MBA is preferred.
We believe serving on the ShelterBox USA Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about building the capacity of a dynamic nonprofit to serve more of the world’s most vulnerable people.
Board members are expected to have the financial acumen to read and understand ShelterBox USA’s financial statements and to help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and to come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
Board members are expected to serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work.
Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for ShelterBox USA to achieve its mission.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
Ideal candidates for the two-year compensation-free term will have the following qualifications:
- Proven expertise in corporate finance and accounting (CFO preferred).
- Executive leadership accomplishments in the business and nonprofit sectors.
- Willingness to serve on the Finance & Audit Committee.
- Ability to cultivate relationships, build consensus among diverse individuals, and inspire action.
- A commitment to the organization’s mission to deliver humanitarian relief in the form of equipment and materials that bring shelter, warmth, and dignity to people made homeless by natural or other disasters worldwide.
- A desire to help the organization raise funds for its mission and build relationships with high net-worth influencers.
- A belief in, and ability to live up to, the organization’s core values of transparency, accountability, immediacy, integrity, and collaboration.
How to Apply:
If interested in becoming a candidate for the Board of Directors of ShelterBox USA, please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SBUSA Board Application”.
Leave a Response