ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, GGSE
Associate Director of Development (ADD), Gevirtz Graduate School of Education (GGSE) ADD for GGSE will work with donor prospects to optimize philanthropy to benefit UC Santa Barbara and to support GGSE. ADD primarily focuses on giving from individuals and foundations to promote fundraising priorities in support of the overall school-fundraising strategy. Fundraising efforts, as defined by the Dean and the GGSE Assistant Dean of Development (DD), are devoted primarily to the Gevirtz School, with an emphasis on fundraising priorities connected to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Social Justice, and GGSE’s role in furthering UCSB’s campus efforts as a Minority Serving Institution and a Hispanic Serving Institution ADD will raise money for priorities as set annually by the Dean and DD. ADD will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual prospects and associated family foundations, with a focus on major gifts of $25,000+ including targeted solicitations to foundations and corporate sponsors. Additional focus will be on annual strategy to close new and renewing annual gifts up to $25,000, and to build a major gift and estate gift pipeline. Works with larger GGSE team to expand the overall number of alumni, Job Standards and friends participating in GGSE philanthropy. With all areas of involvement, ADD will contribute strategic thinking/planning to initiatives, funding priorities, and creative cultivation of key prospects. Prospect engagement and solicitation strategies will include personal visits (locally, regionally, and Zoom), written gift and grant proposals, small-event cultivation, direct mail campaigns, coordinated social media outreach/strategic communications. To be most efficient in fundraising outreach, the ADD will work with DD to prioritize workload and consider return on investment of time and geographic focus. ADD will help to maintain and expand the pipeline of major gift prospects ($25,000+) through coordinated prospect discovery and collaboration with GGSE stakeholders, the broader Development staff, campus administrators, and key volunteers. ADD will focus about seventy percent of their time on direct fundraising and fundraising outreach activities. Activities will require travel within California and occasionally out of state. Thirty percent of ADD’s time will focus on activities including administrative duties, planning and coordinating, data analysis, and internal/external communications. ADD ensures all aspects of their activities are internally consistent, thematically related, and thoroughly coordinated with GGSE development agenda, as well as the priorities, policies, and procedures of the Development Office and University.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High level of creativity, energy, and ambition to lead a program and manage projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with diverse groups, including colleagues, faculty, staff, donors, and students.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to detail, the ability to set, negotiate, and meet priorities and produce high-quality work under multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Proven success in leading a creative venture or program.
- Experience with social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Ability to articulate and execute a well-developed case for philanthropy.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and strategic planning abilities.
- Proven success in managing events at various scales and generating positive outcomes.
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of university fundraising and stewardship best practice.
- Strong professional ethics, discretion and judgment.
- Knowledge of office software.
- Prior experience in higher education is preferred
Special Conditions of Employment
- Maintain a valid CA driver’s license, a clean DMV record
- Satisfactory conviction history background check.
- UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends
To apply for this position and a detailed description of job duties, please visit https://www.jobs.ucsb.edu/ (Job# 28174)