Vibrant, international nonprofit working to empower women and girls in Africa is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented admin support person.
AWR is a small nonprofit with big impact. We empower women in post conflict areas with technical skills and long-term support for success via education, regenerative agriculture, and microfinance programs. Rooted in the conviction that women should be active stakeholders in defining their own development strategies, AWR builds on initiatives that the women themselves have started.
We focus on women because not only do women carry the heaviest post-conflict burden, they are central to the daily work of repairing fractured communities. Today we work with 15,000 women, reaching over 90,000 dependents & children.
This administrative support position has a high degree exposure to best practices in the humanitarian and nonprofit fields. This position will have active engagement with staff and board in both the US and Uganda. The position is initially part-time with a high opportunity for growth.
Tasks includes, but are not limited to:
- Support for small to mid-sized events including administrative and logistical support before during, and after events
- Assists with fundraising projects including mail merges, donor acknowledgements, and donor tracking
- Work with director to support board of directors’ meetings by producing and distributing board packages, meeting settings & communications.
- Keep track of grants and reporting
- Gather accurate, credible information on various subjects for ED and Uganda staff.
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, excellent follow through and a reliable, flexible team player
- Outstanding organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent problem-solver
- Proficiency in G-suite and relevant applications, specifically sheets and docs, web page management proficiency helpful.
15-20 hours per week, 50% set hours 50% flex, with possibility of expanding to full time.
Please send cover letter and resume to Linda Eckerbom Cole at Linda@africanwomenrising.org