CFROG is hiring in Ventura!
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Position: Part-time, non-exempt
Location: Ventura, California
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
Climate First: Replacing Oil and Gas (CFROG) is a non-profit, non-partisan, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to combating the climate crisis by working to shape the transition from fossil fuels to a carbon free economy in Ventura County. We are committed to the transition to an economy that is sustainable, inclusive and promotes renewable energy. We work at the local level to build awareness of how fossil fuels impact our communities, and engage area officials, government agencies and other like-minded organizations to eliminate those impacts wherever possible. CFROG also operates as a watch-dog organization dedicated to ensuring that oil and gas operations in Ventura County are properly reviewed, permitted, monitored and compliant with relevant environmental and safety laws and regulations.
We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to perform a wide variety of tasks including providing support to our Executive Director and staff, assisting in daily office needs, and managing our general administrative activities. The role of the Administrative Assistant will support the operations of the organization. The position involves basic financial tracking, processing invoice payments and expense reimbursements and general office and program support.
If you have previous experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant, we’d like to meet you. Prior experience working with non-profit organizations would be a plus.
We’re a small team of three employees, which means there’s lots of room for growth including learning opportunities. At CFROG, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all employees feel welcomed and valued.
The position is hourly and part-time, with a flexible schedule of an average of 10 hours per week of mostly remote work. Regular workweek hours will be established in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- Maintain filing system, contact lists and equipment inventories
- Maintain office supplies
- Coordinate donor thank you’s
- Provide input on administrative processes and procedures
- Supplement and support staff needs in CFROG’s programs and initiatives
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Prepare financial forms for invoice payment
- Process staff expense reimbursements
- Prepare monthly income and expense reports
- Maintain grant expenditure tracking
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated competence with basic financial tracking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong sense of ethics regarding confidential information and financial transactions
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and manage tasks independently
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Aptitude learning new online platforms and systems such as Salesforce
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
Submit résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CFROG is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce inclusivity and diversity