Position: Administrative Assistant
Type: Part-time, hourly
Location: Mostly remote / Some in-person expected (Santa Barbara)
About Apples to Zucchini Cooking School:
Apples to Zucchini Cooking School (AtoZ) is a non-profit serving southern Santa Barbara County. We bring people together over shared meals by teaching people to cook delicious, nutritious, affordable meals made with seasonal and local ingredients.
Our three pillars in our programs are: 1) We cook together, teaching hand-on skills. 2) We eat together. Students learn how to conduct themselves at the communal table. 3) We clean up together. Students work together as a team to leave their space better than how they found it. Our lessons focus on skills, nutrition, where our food comes from, movement & mindfulness.
Our classes are taught by Chef Educators, who are assisted by volunteers. Some of our classes are on-site at the Garden Street Academy campus. Most of our classes are off-site at various Community Partner locations. The groceries, equipment, linens, recipes and lesson plans are picked up and returned by the Chef Educators. We run after-school classes at various elementary schools, community centers and short-term residential programs.
About the Position:
The Administrative Assistant will help manage projects and schedules for the Exective Director, Director of Kids’ Programs and the Program Coordinator. This will include scheduling meetings, organzing electronic files, and streamlining functions.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Input class schedules into time-sheet software
- Manage the schedules of staff and volunteers
- Work with bookkeeper to manage onboarding workflow of new hires
- Create class registrations
- Create online invitations for monthly cultivation events
- Communicate with donors
- Develop and assemble folders and collateral materials for meetings and events
- Create class rosters
- Print and laminate recipes and lesson plans
- Print and organize Supplemental Lessons and Activities
- Prior experience working in a relevant field
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to connect with Chef Educators, campers, parents and volunteers
- Exceptional time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail with an ability to multitask
- Proficient with computer technology and Microsoft Office applications
- Vaccinated against Covid