Social Venture Partners (SVP) Announces Fast Pitch SB Winners
YStrive for Youth Wins Top Prize, $45k Awarded to Social Good
SANTA BARBARA, CA – Social Venture Partners Santa Barbara (SVPSB) is proud to announce the winners of Fast Pitch SB, a ten-week nonprofit communications training program that culminated in a final showcase on October 15 at the Deckers Brands Rotunda. This sold out event which drew an audience of 350, culminated in a highly-anticipated awards ceremony where $45k was awarded to organizations that inspire social good.
The grand prize, the SVP Impact Award of $15k, was awarded to Keith Terry of YStrive for Youth, a nonprofit that provides mentoring and job-training opportunities for at-risk youth in order to reduce gang violence and incarceration within and beyond Santa Barbara County.
“Last night was an incredible experience and a long journey for me personally. I’m grateful for the opportunity from Social Venture Partners. The $15,000 plus the exposure for YStrive will help support our scholarship funds for high risk youth and their families,” shared Terry.
The following individuals and organizations all took home major awards:
- $10k Audience Award – Tyler Speier, Isla Vista Youth Projects
- $5k Coaches Award – Melissa Fontaine, Foodbank of Santa Barbara
- $5k Sponsor Award – Sue Eisaguirre, Nature Track Foundation
All ten finalists took home $1,000 for making it to the final round, but more importantly gained valuable community recognition, coaching/mentoring experience, and support from local philanthropists. The full list of semi-finalists includes:
- Elizabeth Cordero, Lideres Campesinas
- Sue Eisaguirre, NatureTrack Foundation
- William Fiedtkou, Santa Barbara Youth Music Academy
- Melissa Fontaine, Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
- Kristen Hoye, Friendship Center Adult Day Services
- Jefferson Litten, Community Environmental Council
- Eder Gaona-Macedo, Future Leaders of America, Inc. (FLA)
- Sarah Rudd, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Santa Barbara County, a Family Service Agency
- Tyler Speier, Isla Vista Youth Projects, Inc.
- Keith Terry, YStrive for Youth, Inc.
“SVPSB honors and commends the experience of everyone who participated, as they are leaving the program with skills and connections to help increase their impact in our community,” shared Stephanie Langsdorf, Operations Manager for Social Venture Partners.
About Fast Pitch SB: SVPSB’s Fast Pitch SB connects nonprofit leaders with business, philanthropic, and nonprofit executives who want to help them amplify their impact. Through the two-month program, participants hone their ideas and messages through coaching and mentoring sessions, all while building relationships and networking with potential funders, board members and supporters.
About Social Venture Partners: SVPSB builds powerful relationships among people who want to give back and the nonprofits that make change possible. SVPSB is a diverse group of individual donors (“Partners”) – business people, entrepreneurs and nonprofit leaders – who combine our skills, resources and networks to help nonprofits succeed.
View more photos from the event HERE