“Summer school” takes on a whole new meaning for adults in Santa Barbara, with classes and workshops starting every week at the SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning (the CLL). This summer, the CLL is offering over 200 courses, including 20 all-new offerings, to help you discover your passion or learn a new skill.
Summer classes and workshops start every week from May 15 – August 5, including weekday, evening and Saturday schedules. To see our full catalog of classes or learn more, please visit https://www.thecll.org/summer-2017-schedule-available-online/.
“There is no reason for our educations to ever reach a stopping point, regardless of the season or our ages,” said Andy Harper, SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning Executive Director. “The Summer 2017 term at the CLL is shaping up to be really special, and we know you’ll find some exciting new options in the schedule. Dive in with us this summer!”
Here’s a taste of what the CLL has to offer this summer:
- A wide selection of evening, weekend and Saturday options for 140 summer classes and workshops.
- 20 brand-new classes, including: Assisted Watercolor and Meditative Relaxation; Stone Wrapping Techniques for the Beginner; Gentle Yoga with Fabric; Death – The Unplanned, Uncharted, Final Journey; Enjoy Tasty Summer Soups; and A Gardener’s Tools of the Trade.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: The CLL guarantees you will love its classes and workshops or you will receive a FULL refund or free transfer before the second class meets. This guarantee includes one-meeting workshops, so dive into lifelong learning!
- The CLL’s acclaimed Mind & Supermind lecture series continues May 8 with depth psychologist Richard Tarnas, Ph.D., presenting “Humanity’s Rite of Passage.” Tarnas will draw on philosophy, religion and cultural history to seek a larger context for both understanding and action.
- The 10th Annual Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Conference will be held May 12-14. Get the tools to deepen connections with friends, family and co-workers through listening without judgement and speaking from the heart.
- Award-winning Look & Learn videos: Get to know the CLL’s renowned teachers in the award-winning Look & Learn video series; nearly 250 videos and growing every week! Look & Learns are free, short online videos where you can meet our teachers and learn something new in just one or two minutes. Look & Learn videos are online at theCLL.org
- May 29 Memorial Day: No classes/Offices closed
- July 4 Independence Day: No classes/Offices closed
Register for classes and workshops online, by phone at (805) 683-8200 in person at the Wake or Schott campuses, or by mail (using the registration form in the printed schedule). Registration is now open.
About SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning (The CLL)
The CLL responds to the diverse lifelong learning needs of the adult Santa Barbara community through promoting knowledge of the arts, healthy living styles, and intellectual studies. The CLL aims to be the educational, cultural and social hub for the Santa Barbara community, continuing a nearly 60-year tradition of excellence. CLL is online at www.theCLL.org, and on Facebook (sbccCLL), Twitter (@sbccCLL) and YouTube.