SANTA BARBARA COUNTY AMERICORPS PARTNERSHIP
For Veterans & People Experiencing Homelessness
AmeriCorps members serve in agencies that help veterans and people experiencing homelessness obtain housing, employment, provide assistance to the formerly homeless and connect them to other mainstream services to increase self-sufficiency.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO www.SBCAmeriCorps.org
- Street Outreach
- Housing Placement
- Housing Support
- Volunteer Recruitment
Applicants must be 18 years or older, obtain a high school diploma or GED, show proof of citizenship or lawful permanent residence, pass a criminal background check, ability to serve individuals with diverse economic, social, racial and cultural backgrounds; and have reliable transportation to service site.
Screening for positions is happening now for both the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 terms of service.
At nonprofits, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across Santa Barbara County.
BENEFITS OF SERVICE
- Full-Time members receive a Living Allowance of $1,238/mo and an Education Award of $5,815.
Part-time members receive a Living Allowance and Education Award relative to their term of service.
- Health insurance for Full-Time members (if eligible).
- Childcare for Full-Time members (if eligible).
- Loan Forbearance.
- Transferability of Education Award (for members 55+).
- Training opportunities for professional/person growth, field experiencing in social services, and networking opportunities.
The Santa Barbara County Partnership For Veterans & People Experiencing Homelessness a program of the United Way of Northern Santa Barbara County and is administered by CaliforniaVolunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.