“One talk, on one day, can change someone’s life.”
– Kymberlee Weil, Strategic Samurai
PFE Ignite Conversations are small group, focused-topic discussions in the Sycamore Grove following each of two rounds of Ignite Presentations. Any registrant may propose an Ignite Conversation topic and, if confirmed, will co-host their topic discussion with other attendees.
While Conversation groups are welcome (and encouraged) to set goals and calendar future meetings as outcomes of any Ignite Conversation, you are not expected to do so — PFE aims to offer you an unplugged, beautiful space to explore and connect together about the issues important to you and our communities today!
You are invited to propose a topic and/or group Ignite Conversation!
Ignite Conversations ideally will convene no more than 15 individuals and may contain as few as two. These one-hour Conversations will follow Ignite Presentations from 11:30am – 12:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
There will be two sources for Ignite Conversation topics:
1) Selected Ignite presenters will transition to host their topic as Ignite Conversations – to open and allow for deeper group discussion of the topic presented with attendees
2) Additional Ignite Conversations will be hosted by registrants/groups who submit topics of your choice in advance. PFE registrants are invited to submit topic(s) for small group Ignite Conversations. You may pose a new topic, or choose to continue/expand a discussion or focused-group you may have started with colleagues or peers over the past year. This is truly your best opportunity to connect and explore with your colleagues — take advantage of it!
CREATE YOUR CONVERSATION
If you have an idea to positively shift or disrupt our nonprofit sector for good, a compelling question or issue around which to gather resources and potential solutions, or a story of emerging collaboration with intersections for more collaborators, PFE encourages you to apply.
Have an idea but need some encouragement? Send a message to email@example.com to be followed up with before the application deadline.
Conversation Guiding Questions
- What collaborative conversation might you want time and space to explore with your nonprofit peers and/or funders?
- When you see colleagues, do you find yourselves raising ideas and needed changes around a specific community issue/opportunity?
- Do you wish for a gathering in your subsector (senior services, social justice, education, healthcare, etc.) to talk efficiencies and actions for better collaboration?
- Are you a group who has been meeting around change and would like to open your vision and discussion to PFE attendees?
- What has changed or influenced your leadership approach/practices this year? How are you different and what has resulted?
- How has PFE changed or influenced your work since past conference(s)?
- How are you working collaboratively for impact in our community? How is your project is evolving – and through what achievements, what hurdles?
- How might your approaches with your clients be adopted by other service organizations, government, etc?
- Working with community activists and promotores – what are we learning together about thoughtful outreach and cultural connections?
These are just a few examples. What could you contribute?
SUBMIT YOUR IGNITE CONVERSATION
Application deadline: Monday, March 18, 2019.