Winter term registration opens December 7; More than 280 classes and workshops starting every week January 11 – March 19
Santa Barbara, Calif., December 29, 2015— SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning (The CLL) invites the community to try something new this Winter term. With more than 280 classes, including 30 new offerings, lifelong learning for adults of every age means discovering new interests, new friends and keeping resolutions for the New Year. Classes and workshops start every week throughout the term including evening, weekday, and Saturday classes, the acclaimed Mind & Supermind series event, and much more.
“No matter what your resolution is, the CLL will motivate and inspire you,” said Andy Harper, SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning Executive Director. “We hear from students constantly that learning and creating together is an excellent way to connect. So come leap into a favorite pursuit this leap year, or try something entirely new… at the CLL.”
Class schedules are available at both CLL campuses, at newsstands throughout the area, and online at www.theCLL.org. Winter term runs January 11 until March 19. Staggered registration begins December 7. Register for classes and workshops online or in person at the Wake and Schott campuses.
Winter 2016 highlights:
- Over 280 evening, weekday and Saturday classes
- Classes for your NEW Year’s Resolutions: Learn to cook with Cooking for Dummies or How to Boil Water, Get in shape with Resistance Pilates, and develop positive habits with Attitude Reconstruction: A Special Workshop
- NEW: Non-Profit Skills workshop: The CLL introduces Writing for Non-Profits Made Easy as part of the Non-Profit Skills series. Members of the Santa Barbara community can develop their non-profit writing skills to create press releases, fundraising materials, and public service announcements.
- NEW: Personal Finance & Home Business workshop: Inns and Outs of Airbnb Hosting will answer questions about making extra money as an Airbnb host.
- Monday, February 29: Mind & Supermind, “The Golden Elixir or Longevity and Immortality”: Explore the Fountain of Youth and learn to maximize your own well-being in this riveting presentation with Dr. Roger Jahnke, OMD.
About SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning (The CLL)
The CLL responds to the diverse lifelong learning needs of the adult Santa Barbara community through promoting knowledge of the arts, healthy living styles, and intellectual studies. The CLL aims to be the educational, cultural and social hub for the Santa Barbara community, continuing a nearly 60-year tradition of excellence. CLL is online at www.theCLL.org, and on Facebook (sbccCLL), Twitter (@sbccCLL) and YouTube.