St. Vincent’s in Santa Barbara is seeking a full-time (40 hrs. per week) Vice President of Early Childhood Education and Student Enrichment Services. The Vice President of ECE and Student Enrichment Services will work to promote quality Early Childhood Education and Student Enrichment programming at St. Vincent’s and will lead all aspects of the day-to-day operations of our Early Childhood Education Center and Internship Program. This position assumes the responsibility for maintaining an educational and nurturing environment for the children and their families. This person should demonstrate enthusiasm for St. Vincent’s and a strong commitment to its Mission, Vision and Core Values. This position reports directly to the President & CEO.
• Master’s Degree or Doctorate in an Early Childhood Education related field, a valid
California Program Director Permit preferred, experience in managing an early
childhood educational program, agency, or business.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management, specifically cost center budget
development and management and statistical data reporting.
• A strong leader who can collaborate effectively with senior management colleagues
and develop excellent professional relationships with other human service providers
to strengthen St. Vincent’s financial and operational performance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to confer and make
presentations to Board of Directors, and external relations.
• Extensive knowledge of Title 22 and Title 5.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an Early Childhood Administrator including
staff supervision of multiple layers is required, to include hiring, performance
management and daily supervision.
• Adult/Child/Pediatric CPR/First Aid/AED certified.
• Extensive hands-on experience is essential in the areas of Early Childhood
Education program design, implementation and training.
• Substantial experience in translating proven development theories, principles and
concepts into programmatic objectives by strategic planning methods.
• Extensive experience with establishing and maintaining appropriate private and
public referral sources to ensure appropriate census.
• Proven ability to effectively lead, manage, train, and motivate assigned associates.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Must be proficient in use of computer software including Microsoft Outlook,
Microsoft Office applications and other similar programs.
• Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
• Must serve as a role model for the children who are served by our agency. the
individual in this role must at all times be able to function effectively with children
who may have mental or behavioral health problems. This individual must be able
to demonstrate appropriate behavior and appropriate expression of emotions.
• Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core
Values of St. Vincent’s and the Daughters of Charity.
• Create an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment and serve as a
role model in carrying out the Mission.
• Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to
work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability
to address the needs of those that St. Vincent’s serves.
• Utilize the Trauma Informed Care approach in recognizing the presence of trauma
symptoms and acknowledge the role that trauma plays in the lives of the children
and families St. Vincent’s serves.
• Support St. Vincent’s Strategic Plan and Quality Indicators and participate in
discussions regarding department or program goals, data collection and/or
• Develop, lead and execute an Early Childhood Education vision and strategy in a
way that aligns with the Mission of St. Vincent’s.
• Effectively create and manage departmental budgets to contribute to the overall
financial strength of St. Vincent’s; ensure enrollment goals are met each
• Collaborate, lead and manage the student food program and ensure effective and
efficient systems throughout the agency while ensuring adherence to all licensing
• Represent St. Vincent’s to agencies and organizations related to early childhood
education and serve as a leader and resource to members of the community
regarding early childhood education.
• Assure program compliance with all applicable laws, health and safety regulations,
and professional and educational standards.
• Maintain current knowledge and interpret applicable rules, regulations, policies,
procedures, contracts, State and Federal laws, codes and regulations.
• Create and implement strategies for increasing associate engagement and
reducing voluntary turnover.
• Ensure effective business practices are in place (i.e. enrollment process, payment,
late fees, attendance, staff ratios, etc.).
• Lead St. Vincent’s ECEC Internship Program to ensure candidates are able to:
align ECE course curriculum with St. Vincent’s training; create a supportive,
challenging and respectful learning environment for a diverse group of children;
apply knowledge of human development and individual differences to guide
learning experiences and relate meaningfully to students and families; exhibit
standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity with children, families and
• Develop goals and complete annual evaluations with department associates and
interns that are in-line with St. Vincent’s Strategic Plan, mission and vision.
• Develop evaluation tools to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Early Childhood
Education Center and the Internship Program.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must pass criminal background fingerprint check.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
This position is a full-time role, 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday and would require the candidate to go into the office.
Position is exempt, salaried.
Compensation: $100k – $150k
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Life Insurance – $50,000 Basic Included
Retirement Plan – 403(b) and 401(a)
Gym Membership Subsidy
Paid Holidays – 13 Annually
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid Bereavement Leave
Paid Jury Duty Leave
100% Generous Preschool Enrollment Discount at our Center
Education Reimbursement up to $1,000 per quarter/semester
Job Signing Bonus – 5% of Annual Salary
Referral Bonus – $500 per Successful Job Referral
Transportation Benefit – Paid Mileage to and from work
Wellness Days – Four (4) paid wellness days per calendar year (benefits eligible)
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
Opened in 1858 by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Vincent’s is a
Roman Catholic organization serving the needs of the Santa Barbara Community. For
more information regarding St. Vincent’s and its mission, please view our website at
Leave a Response