THE POSITION: Under general direction, performs professional-level social work in adoptions and child protective services; performs related duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Familiarity with principles and practices of social work as applicable to child welfare services
- Experience in interviewing techniques and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently
- Capability to make sound judgments and decisions
- Ability to learn complex regulations and policies
- Skill to write court reports and legal documents
- Possession of a master’s degree from an accredited school of social work; or,
- Possession of a master’s degree from an accredited school, college, or university in marriage, family, and child counseling; marital and family therapy; psychology; clinical psychology; counseling psychology; or counseling with an emphasis in marriage, family, and child counseling; and, (b) completion of supervised practicum in accordance with Business and Professions Code Section 4980.40.
PLEASE NOTE: All individuals selected for an interview, will be required to bring verification of their graduate degree.
Note: Applicants currently in their final quarter or semester of study leading to the required degree are encouraged to apply. Such applicants may compete in the examination process but may not be considered for appointment until they have attained the required degree.