Why join our countywide agency?
*Because each day we are making a difference in our community, and because we have a positive, employee- and client centered work culture.
*We pay competitive rates and offer a strong benefits package that includes generous sick leave and holiday pay, employer paid medical insurance, a free subscription to the meditation/sleep app Calm, and much more!
*We offer continuous employee education and development and paid clinical supervision.
*We work with our staff to offer flexibility whenever possible.
We look forward to you joining our team at FSA of Santa Barbara County!
The Social Emotional Learning Instructional Specialist (SEL Instructional Specialist) delivers prevention services for students using the Second Step curriculum. The SEL Instructional Specialist will use creative and age appropriate strategies to implement material in fun and engaging ways. Through education and coaching, the SEL Instructional Specialist will support academic achievement by bolstering student’s skills to improve cooperation, communication, and decision making. The SEL Instructional Specialist will support prevention services and/or parent engagement activities throughout targeted schools. This position works in partnership with the Lompoc Unified School District (LUSD).
Please note the Instructional Specialist will facilitate SEL classes in person at various LUSD schools with appropriate safety measures enforced.
FSA strives to be a trauma-informed and resilience-oriented organization. Because working with those impacted by trauma can affect staff in various ways, FSA actively identifies and employs methods to support staff to embody a healthy and sustainable balance of care for both themselves and others.
Sample Job Duties
• Using the Second Step curriculum, facilitate classes teaching 5th-8th grade students social-emotional skills focused on
emotion management, situational awareness, and academic achievement.
• Closely collaborate with LUSD teachers and LUSD SEL administrative support staff to create and execute SEL lessons
• Participate in school and program events during traditional and non-traditional business hours to conduct outreach,
build relationships, and enhance service access.
• Using the Strengthening Families Program curriculum, co-facilitate classes teaching parents and teens family
relationship skills focused on pro-social behavior, mindfulness, family bonding, and monitoring teens.
• Promote parental resilience and social connections through engagement opportunities (workshops, Parent Café, etc.).
• Maintain a knowledge of school and community resources, make appropriate community and school-based referrals,
and conduct follow-up.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, education, or related field required.
• 1+ years teaching experience preferred.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work with children, families, and schools.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, computer, written, and verbal communication skills required.
• Professional attitude, enjoys teamwork, working autonomously, and ability to maintain confidentiality a must.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• This position requires a valid CA driver license and proof of insurance.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
• This is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week), non-exempt, with benefits. Benefits include: medical, dental,
vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous vacation, holiday and sick
leave also provided.
• Pay rate is $21.00 per hour.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is highly recommended that you submit a cover letter and resume.
You can apply to this position at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4848873
Or search through our portal for other open positions: http://familyserviceagency.appone.com/