Position: Senior Project Manager, Fundraising and Communications
Type: Full time/exempt/work-from-home position, with in-person client and team meetings/events
Wage: Starting pay $68,000 – $78,000/year depending on experience/qualifications
About the Company
We are in the business of changing the way organizations succeed. VISIONALITY has grown from a one-woman passion project to a team of innovative thinkers and creators, with over 60 years of combined nonprofit experience. Our team is dedicated to developing and implementing creative solutions that help our clients – nonprofits in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties – make the world a better place.
VISIONALITY was named one of the Pacific Coast Business Times’ ‘Best Places to Work’ in 2018, 2019 and 2021.
About Our Team
Our team is making magic happen with coffee, laughter and kindness. We think you are going to have a lot of fun working here. In addition to being innovative, resourceful, and enthusiastic about our work, we firmly believe in maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
We kick people out of the “office” to get exercise. When an employee needs a mental health day, the team hops in to cover that day’s deliverables without question. We care deeply about one another’s successes… there are no “office politics” to navigate. And regardless of where you sit in the company’s org chart, you are encouraged to give and receive feedback to team members and call attention to ways we can improve internally and externally.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Project Manager, Fundraising and Communications, is a key piece of VISIONALITY’s new business direction to help nonprofits experiencing periods of growth or decline build or re-build high ROI fundraising programs. The Senior PM will not only be responsible for carrying a moderate client load, but will also serve as a key staff member to mentor other Project Managers in this line of business, and will be uncovering new business opportunities by serving as an external facing representative of the VISIONALITY Team. This position will report directly to the CEO.
Fundraising Client Work, including:
- Fundraising Strategy: works with our larger clients to analyze existing fundraising programs and develop high ROI, multi-income-stream plans
- End of Year Campaigns: develops dynamic and creative end of year campaigns for existing and short-term clients
- Mentoring: mentors clients on how to solicit major gifts, teaches boards the importance of high ROI fundraising strategies, helps improve internal fundraising program operations
Fundraising Team Management:
- Daily Operations: checks in with other fundraising team members to assess workloads, help reprioritize or reassign work as needed, mentors other staff to help them grow their skillset
- Contract Management: understanding, tracking and meeting goals as they pertain to the profitability of client contracts; i.e. tracking hours worked versus the client’s monthly retainer, working with team to ensure their contracts are also profitable and troubleshoot as needed
Business Development, including:
- Uncovering Opportunities: attends networking and other community events as a key member of the VISIONALITY staff, occasionally meeting in-person with prospective clients and occasionally their board of directors
- Relationship Building: cultivating strategic relationships and alliances that benefit VISIONALITY, its clients and community organizations
- A savvy fundraiser who is versed in a variety of fundraising tactics (major gifts, annual giving, digital giving, end of year campaigns, etc.)
- Well versed in the unique issues and opportunities of the nonprofit sector in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, and are excited to move the needle towards a more sustainable future for the industry
- An experienced mentor with a proven track record for supporting and retaining a team; mentoring direct reports to achieve goals
- Highly skilled at change management, with a keen ability to lead difficult conversations with delicacy and composure
- A digital-savvy leader who is able to foster meaningful connection in a primarily digital workplace
- An excellent and engaging communicator (written and oral); you can tailor your communication style and professional demeanor to earn the confidence of clients, stakeholders, and staff
- A goal driven individual who is excited to help VISIONALITY grow and serve more clients
- Committed to setting an example of healthy work/life balance
Your professional capabilities include:
- We do not require a college education, but do expect that your professional experience will reflect this position’s responsibilities. Familiarity with Benevon, annual giving, and digital fundraising is a must
- Must be able to work from home with own phone connection (cell or landline) and reliable internet connection (we do provide a reimbursement to offset the cost of these requirements)
- Reliable transportation for meetings and events; you must live within a commutable distance to Ventura and Santa Barbara County and be prepared to attend in-person meetings and networking events as needed
- Tech-savvy, strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, donor software, Zoom, G-Suite and project management software (Asana, Monday.com or similar) experience are a MUST
Remote Work Requirements
Some jobs are remote at this time, but this job IS FOREVER remote…we know remote work is not for everyone, so before applying, make sure you ARE capable of managing your priorities by yourself. For confidentiality reasons, we cannot allow employees to regularly work from coffee shops or other public spaces. VISIONALITY will provide employees with the necessary hardware, i.e. laptop, second monitor, etc.
While we are a remote company, this position does have occasional in-person obligations within Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties (client meetings, events, etc.). It is important to the success of our clients that our team live within the communities we serve. Though the frequency and nature of in-person obligations will fluctuate based on client needs, you can expect to meet in person an average of 1-3 times per month at various locations throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. For this reason, you must have reliable transportation.
Visit our online application to:
- Complete a brief questionnaire
- Submit your resume
This position will be offered with the following benefits:
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored 401(k) Program
- Paid Vacation and Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays; includes all federal holidays and more
- Ability to work from home
- Flexible work schedule
This position requires the employee to remain in a stationary position for up to 8 hours a day. The employee must operate a computer and other office equipment. In addition to the sedentary requirements of the position, the employee will also attend meetings, set up for events and run errands that will require the employee to drive, as well as lift and carry objects weighing up to 45 pounds.
VISIONALITY Non-Discrimination Statement
VISIONALITY is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, or economic status.
VISIONALITY strives to build an inclusive team in which individuals are comfortable bringing their full selves to the workplace.
VISIONALITY believes that a team made up of diverse experiences, perspectives, and cultures is best equipped to build trust and communication with our clients – and in doing so, help them achieve their missions and make this world a better place.
VISIONALITY Return to Work Commitment
Whether you took time off for your family, military service, educational goals, health, or were forced into “extended time off” because of COVID, we value your entire life experience, and want you to feel comfortable applying for this position. After all, VISIONALITY’s culture depends on a wide range of talent, perspectives, and life experiences. If your little one (dog, human, etc.) needs to join an occasional team meeting, they will be welcome. As a fully remote company, we encourage you to bring your FULL SELF to work every single day. If you are returning to work, we hope you consider applying for this position.