St. Vincent’s in Santa Barbara is seeking a full-time (40 hrs. per week) Security Guard. The Security Guard will provide a visual security presence to ensure that Residents and visitors have a safe and
pleasant experience while on St. Vincent’s Campus. The Security Guard will be responsible for patrolling St. Vincent’s Campus to detect suspicious activity, assist Residents and visitors, and ensure the safety of all campus occupants. He/She will survey assigned areas for illegal activities, dangerous situations, and will provide an authoritative presence while promoting safety and order. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager & Safety Officer, with a dotted line to the Security Supervisor.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Have at least Three (3) years of experience as a Security Officer.
• Hold a valid California Security Guard Card Certification through the Bureau of Security and
Investigative Services (BSIS)
• Have a Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record.
• Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule,
• Must follow detailed procedures, and have good customer service skills.
• Must be able to work collegially and independent of intensive supervision.
• Evenings and weekends required.
• Patrol the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors,
windows, and gates.
• Verify Pull Chord system.
• Manage Guard 1 security system while on patrol.
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
• Monitor the entrance, movement, and departure of Residents, visitors, and other persons to
guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage,
theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of
• Circulate among Residents and visitors to preserve order and protect property.
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and call law enforcement when necessary.
• Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use
and to detect evidence of tampering.
Must pass criminal background fingerprint check.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
Position is non-exempt, hourly and is scheduled for evenings and weekends.
Dental Insurance Vision Insurance
Life Insurance – $50,000 Retirement Plan – 403(b) and 401(a) Gym Membership
Paid Holidays – 13 Holidays per Year
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid Bereavement Leave Paid Jury Duty Leave
100% Generous Preschool Enrollment Discount at our Center
Education Reimbursement up to $1,000 per quarter/semester
Job Signing Bonus – 5% of Annual Salary
Referral Bonus – $500 per Successful Job Referral
Transportation Benefit – Paid Mileage to and from work from home
Wellness Days – Four (4) paid wellness days to all benefits eligible Associates per calendar year
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
Opened in 1858 by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Vincent’s is a Roman Catholic organization serving the needs of the Santa Barbara Community. For more information
regarding St. Vincent’s and its mission, please view our website at https://www.stvincentssb.org/getinvolved/careers/.
Leave a Response