Position Overview: Scholarship & Grants Coordinator – We are looking for a high energy, detail-oriented person to join our amazing team. This interesting and rewarding full time position is responsible for managing our scholarship program which includes, donor stewardship, tracking student progress. As well as administering agency and annual grant distribution programs.
This positing has growth opportunities within the Foundation once mastery of the scholarship program has been developed. This includes but is not limited to deeper engagement with the Foundation’s grants and education programs.
- Responsible for processing scholarships from start to finish (steps include managing scholarship application process, setting up reviewers, notifying students of awards, communicating with donors, volunteers and committee members).
- Oversees outreach, recruitment, and training of volunteer application reviewers.
- Provide presentations to high school counselors, students, and parents on scholarships available to students and support students with applying for funding.
- Attend and serve on the San Luis Obispo College Night committee.
- Serve as the Foundation’s expert on scholarships and financial aid trends.
- Provide support and backup to the Director of Grants & Programs as needed.
- Establish policies and procedures and support scholarship payment process.
- In coordination with Director and/or CEO, work with donors to establish scholarships and provide strong stewardship of scholarship funds.
- Responsible for processing agency funds, annual distributions, and providing back up support for competitive grant programs.
Qualifications & Skills
- Understanding of educational barriers and opportunities for low-income, first generation and/or underrepresented college bound youth
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using complex online databases and ability to synthesis information
- Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations and procedure.
- Ability to balance competing demands and meet deadlines in a changing work environment
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Ability to problems solve and be solution oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must feel comfortable talking with donors, volunteers and committee members
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 3-5 years of work experience.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority deadline is May 6th however applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.