St. Vincent St. Vincent’s in Santa Barbara is seeking a full-time (40 hrs. per week) Resident Services Coordinator (bilingual in English and Spanish) The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for implementing programs to meet the human and community service needs of the residents. The Resident Services Coordinator develops strategies to link residents with needed services, delivers direct service, and collects and records data to measure program outcomes. The Resident Services Coordinator reports directly to the Vice President of Housing and performs the duties of this position in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of St. Vincent’s
Candidates must have the Following:
• Must demonstrate personal identity with and commitment to the mission, vision, and
values of St. Vincent’s
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
• Must have a minimum of one year of prior work experience in community development
or social services, two to three years preferred.
• Must have experience conducting community assessments, applying the principles of
conflict management, and organizing community groups, events, and programs.
• Knowledge and experience working with diverse cultures and populations. Must
demonstrative a basic understanding of how to work with people with mental health,
disability, substance abuse, legal, and/or financial issues.
• Ability to accurately identify and assess resident needs and assets, in order to connect
them effectively to resources.
• Ability to motivate individuals and groups to actively participate and take leadership in
efforts to improve the community and increase self- determination. Must demonstrate a
commitment to recognizing the resident’s knowledge and experience as a valuable
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills. Able to work as an
effective member of a team and in a collaborative manner with residents, staff, peers, and
supervisor. Must demonstrate a high level of verbal and listening skills and the ability to
effectively facilitate meetings and community gatherings.
• Must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent skills in writing, editing, transcription, and word processing.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and projects independently and simultaneously in
an organized fashion. Is conscientious in follow-through in job responsibilities and has
the ability to be a self-starter and meet deadlines.
• Maintains high level of confidentiality and obtains the appropriate release of information
• Manner of dress is always professional.
• Willingness to travel occasionally and attend night meetings.
• Willingness to shift scheduled hours to meet the needs of the residents.
• Bilingual (Spanish) proficiency is REQUIRED.
• COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement.
Compensation: $18.00 – $24.00
Life Insurance – $50,000
Retirement Plan – 403(b) and 401(a)
Paid Holidays – 13 Holidays per Year
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid Bereavement Leave
Paid Jury Duty Leave
100% Generous Preschool Enrollment Discount at our Center
Education Reimbursement up to $1,000 per quarter/semester
Job Signing Bonus – 5% of Annual Salary
Referral Bonus – $500 per Successful Job Referral
Transportation Benefit – Paid Mileage to and from work from home
Wellness Days – Four (4) paid wellness days to all benefits eligible Associates per calendar year.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
Opened in 1858 by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Vincent’s is a Roman
Catholic organization serving the needs of the Santa Barbara Community. For more information
regarding St. Vincent’s and its mission, please view our website at https://www.stvincentssb.org/getinvolved/careers/.