Housing Authority of the City of Santa Barbara (HACSB) is an award-winning and mission driven public agency with a reputation as a leader in the housing industry and known for its attractive properties. HACSB has developed and/or secured over 4,300 units of affordable rental housing for Santa Barbara. HACSB does more than handle the day-to-day demands of providing affordable housing solutions, we strive to craft solutions to our community’s affordable housing dilemma in a holistic manner and turn our visions into reality.
In addition to creating opportunities for our residents to reach their potential through innovative housing programs and resident services, we also create opportunities for our employees for professional growth and to contribute meaningfully to the workplace and the community. We foster a collaborative and respectful work environment where every team member plays a significant role in working together to further our mission of creating safe, affordable, and quality housing opportunities for families and individuals while promoting self-sufficiency and neighborhood revitalization. Our HACSB team, led by a dynamic management team, is a motivated, fun and hard working group, dedicated to the agency’s core values, the “5C’s”: Competence, Cooperation, Commitment, Communication and Compassion.
RESIDENT PROGRAMS SPECIALIST
Exciting opportunity available for a full-time Resident Programs Specialist in our Resident Services Department. We are seeking a passionate and innovative individual that enjoys helping others to join our respected team of professionals. Under general supervision, coordinates, administers and develops activities, events and services for a broad range of programs that serve a wide range of Housing Authority residents and clients including youth, families and seniors.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate linkages to community and social services programs and resources for Housing Authority clients. Provide clients with an overview of various community services offered by the Housing Authority and partner agencies. Prepare a variety of marketing materials.
• Act as a liaison with other Departments to encourage resident participation in programs and promote lease compliance. Work with residents to increase understanding of Housing Authority policies and resolve issues.
• Recommend program goals to residents and assist them in achieving objectives; establish schedules and methods for providing services to residents.
• Compose a variety of documents and letters. Maintain records and reports pertaining to new or ongoing programs; maintain and file reports; prepare statistical reports as required.
• Collaborate with Resident Services team to develop new programs to better serve residents.
• Coordinate a variety of special events, workshops and community collaborative programs.
• Drive vans to safely transport program participants.
• Ensure activities support program objectives and comply with Housing Authority policies and applicable regulations; makes recommendations to improve, expand or develop new programs to better serve residents and promote positive outcomes.
• Perform a variety of routine clerical and administrative tasks related to assigned area of responsibility.
• Interact with colleagues, residents, and Agency contacts in a professional, tactful and courteous manner, ensuring excellent customer service is delivered.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and personal attributes:
• Three years of responsible experience in providing complex administrative supports for a social services program or function including college level coursework or vocational training in social services, sociology or related field;
• Knowledge of current social and economic programs and problems and community resources;
• Principles and practices of program development and implementation;
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent rapport with residents, families, children, seniors and community services organizations and motivate others;
• Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures including record keeping practices and telephone etiquette;
• Knowledge of modern office equipment and computers (MS Word, Excel and Outlook);
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing;
• Basic methods, techniques and procedures of mediation and interviewing;
• Ability to perform responsible work using sound judgment and personal initiative;
• Ability to learn, interpret, explain and apply government regulations and Housing Authority policies;
• Proof of legal right to drive in CA and DMV driving record in good standing that meets HACSB’s insurability requirements is required; and
• Bilingual with Spanish (highly desirable).
Download complete position description at www.hacsb.org. Full-time position; 9/80 schedule Monday-Thursday and alternate Fridays. Must be able to work evening and weekend hours on a routine and seasonal basis as needed.
HACSB offers eligible employees a generous and well-rounded benefit package including:
• Cafeteria Benefit Plan • Vacation
• Group Health, Dental and Vision Plan • Sick Leave and Catastrophic Leave
• Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability • 13 Paid Holidays
• 401(a) Employees’ Money Purchase Pension Plan • Training and Development
• 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan • Recognition and Incentive Programs
Leave a Response